Chapter 8

Y/n's pov.:

,,What are we doing here?,, you ask them slightly scared.

,,Wait till Voltiaere arrives. It was his idea in the first place,, Brandon said sitting in front of a not yet lit Campfire. You were at their typical spot they showed.

*Great! The night I die* you carefully sat down with them and looked around. The sun was setting right next to the school. The sky was filled with pink and orange colours. It felt very serene *No wonder they like this place so much*.

You jump from your thoughts as a box was set next to you. You look up to see Voltiaere has finally arrived ,,Pick your poison,,.

You look in the box and notice something ,,This is all of Jared's stuff they took from my room,,.

He sat next to Brandon who looked like a child who just got chocolate ,,Is that his name? Oh well, let's start the fire! It's getting dark anyway,,.

You wonder why he brought it here ,,I'll start-/,,.

,,No!,, both Brandon and Voltiaere interrupting William.

,,Sit. I'll start it before you two get us caught, again,, Brandon handed Voltiaere a lighter and a fire starter so he can light the fire.

It didn't take long for the sun to be gone and the fire to light up the night. ,,You ready?,, William asked with too much excitement.

,,For what!?,, you ask.

,,Ex Bonfire!,, he shouted and the others shushed him.

,,That box with all his things is going to be thrown in that,, Brandon clarified. ,,It helps with break up stress. Both William and I done it,,.

You look over at the box not even sure if you should. ,,I don't know. He said he wanted his stuff back,, they roll their eyes.

,,Who broke up with who?,, Voltiaere asked.

,,I broke up with him,, you answer.

,,Why?,, you look confused between them. ,,Why did you break up with him?,, he said a bit stricter but you don't answer him.

,,He admitted he cheated on Y/n with some chick after he told him he transferred here,, Brandon said quickly.

,,Brandon!,, you shout and he just holds up his hands in defence.

,,So, knowing you are at this type of school and after being the reason for your break up he still calls and says he wants his stuff back? You do hear how it is, don't you?,, you sigh knowing Voltiaere is right.

,,It's just.....I thought....,, the right words seem to get stuck in your throat as tears start to form in your eyes.

A hand grabs a stress ball out of the box and hands it to you. You look up to see Voltiaere crouched in front of you. ,,What is this stress ball to you and him?,, he asked in a softer voice.

You smile sadly at the memory that just came. You carefully take the ball and squeeze it a bit. ,,Whenever I got really nervous I'd either scratch my hand or pick the skin at my nails. He always said it made me look like I was suffering from a mental disorder. So, he got me this. It's a pumpkin because at the time that is what he called me. It helped me stop the habit and now I just rub the inside of my hand.,, you said to them, but you realised something. ,,I....Did he do it to get me to stop or to just make me look normal?,, you look up and Voltiaere looks like he's holding back. You throw the ball in the fire and watch it melt. Voltiaere reaches for the box again and takes out a wooden figure of a cow. You take it and realise the same thing. ,,He gave me this when he came back from his New York vacation. He said it reminded him of me, because I knew how to eat,, this time you didn't hesitate to throw it. You pull the stuff out this time and every time you say what it meant, you realise he was insulting you in some way. It wasn't until the last item at the bottom of the box was revealed. You slowly take it and feel your heart break. ,,He gave this bear to me when he asked me out on our first date. I was so happy that a guy finally liked me.,, you can't hold it back anymore and start to cry.

,,How was the first date?,, Voltiaere asked.

,,Horrible! He took me out with his friends to go to the club. I hated it and even got an allergic reaction from the noodles we got after,, you say still crying. You give the bear one last hug before throwing it in the fire. ,,He never loved me, did he?,, you look at the others, but no one answers. ,,Well he only said it when we were close to breaking up anyway,, you sit back down.

,,He sounds like a dick to me,, William just added in and you burst out laughing. ,,Was he at least smart?,, you shake your head and they all dramatically sigh in their own way.

,,You feel any better?,, Voltiaere asked once your laughter died down.

,,A bit, thank you,, you say nodding. Everyone sits back and enjoys the fire as you start to think. *He was the nicest to me and now I am here. I'm going to die alone* you look up when you hear William scream and see Brandon chasing him and Voltiaere actually laughing. *God damn bastard. Why do you have to look good?*.

He looks over to you and caught you staring ,,I know I am incredibly gorgeous, but you know you don't have to ogle at me all the time,,.

You look back at the two fighting. ,,Pretentious twat,, you mumble.

He was about to say something, but turned to the other two ,,You two want to stop or should I make you sleep out here, again. No but! William stop poking Brandon and Brandon just give William the hug he wants,,.

William shouts in joy as Brandon just looks like he's suffering. They sit back to their spots as William happily hugs Brandon who did not look amused ,,I hate you both,,. He looked at you and smiled. ,,Not you though, you're too cute to be hated. Even by the most cold-hearted person,, he looked at Voltiaere as so did you.

He was staring at the flames ignoring the conversation. You lay on your back and just look up at the sky. ,,The entire school still hates me for liking boys,, you tell him.

,,Not the entire school,, Voltiaere answered lying down as well.