Chapter 28

Y/n's pov.:

,,It is a shame that you wouldn't want to spend your first Christmas at our school, Mr. Blue,, the vicar says with an overly sweet voice.

He had attempted everything to stop you from leaving. ,,Yes, but I cannot refuse such a kind invitation. Voltiaere also had already done all the paperwork for me, so I wouldn't want his hard work to go to waste,, you return his demeanour.

Voltiaere closes the boot and walks up to you both. ,,We should start to leave if we would want to make it before dinner. According to the TomTom there is a 2-hour delay on the M1, so we might have to drive on the country roads,, he explained.

,,I guess so. Remember both of you need to be back by the 5th of January,, the vicar reminded you both.

,,I know. I filled the forms. Twice,, Voltiaere reminded the vicar back. The vicar holds a fake smile you sadly know too well. You both say your last goodbyes and enter the car so Voltiaere can drive off. You breathe out and are able to relax as soon as the car left school grounds. ,,You ok?,, Voltiaere asked you and you just nod.

,,I guess....I just thought the vicar would find a way to keep me in school just because I agreed last notice,, you admit.

,,I wouldn't let that happen. Ok?,, you nod still slightly sulking. ,,Here,, he says grabbing something from the backseat and giving it to you.

,,You do know how to butter me up, do you?,, he smirks and shrugs his shoulders.

,,You tell me, darling,, you take a sip of the drink you love and sigh happily.

,,I don't think I've ever been happier to drink this,, he chuckles with a tone that gives you chills. ,,Is the ride going to be long?,, you ask and he sighs nodding. You internally whine a bit, but leave it at that just looking out the window.

,,Why? Do you get car sick?,, he asked with worry laced in his voice.

,,No, it's just long car rides are so uncomfortably tiring and you the one driving!,, he just chuckles at your theatrics.

,,Don't worry darling. I told you, that I am perfectly fine with driving. Just try to relax, ok? I know you didn't get much sleep last night,, his left hand finds your right as he keeps his speed on the motorway. Occasionally his thumbs glides across your skin trying to soothe you anxiety.

Luckily for you, Voltiaere seemed to have some magical gift which actually did soothe you. *Am I seriously this easy?* you thought to yourself as you finished your drink. He was not wrong. You did barely get any sleep last night.

After Voltiaere helped you pack, the both of you somehow ended up cuddling in your bed with you silently crying and Voltiaere wiping every tear that fell. He continued to call you the sweet name and assured nothing, but a good outcome. ,,You know I will try everything so nothing bad happens to you. And I made sure that the vicar cannot force you to stay. Don't worry darling, I will always be there for you,, he continued to whisper reassurances until you fell asleep from exhaustion.

Thinking back to it you, you wonder what time Voltiaere went back to his room to sleep and if he is feeling just as tired as you were. *He wouldn't give you an honest answer anyway* you thought. Getting comfortable, you look out the window not really paying attention to the outside world that you haven't seen in almost six months.

,,Darling?,, you hear, but don't fully register. ,,Darling, you need to wake up. We both need some food,, your eyes slowly open as he chuckles.

You look around and see the car parked at a side stop. ,,What time is it?,, you ask rubbing your eyes.

,,About two in the afternoon. Sadly, we still have half way to go, but both you and I need food,, you sigh shamelessly laying your head on his shoulder wanting to go back to sleep. ,,I know. You can sleep again once I know you have some food in you. C'mon,, with a last sigh you sit up and get out of the car.

Trudging behind Voltiaere, you follow him in the small Nando's and sit in the booth. It was quite crowded as you forgot about the unsettling feeling you get in crowded places. *Just suck it up for now* you say to yourself as you didn't want to inconvenience Voltiaere. A server lady hands you both a menu, while waiting for a drinks order. ,,Can I have a Dr. Pepper please?,, she writes down your order and turns to Voltiaere with a smile.

,,And for you sir?,, you wanted nothing more than to slap that fake smile away, but who were you to deserve that right.

,,Just a coffee please,, she smiles and gives you time to choose your food. ,,You know what you want?,, he asked after closing his menu. You shake your head, being slightly overwhelmed by the choices.

,,I don't know, what I am craving more. Healthy and good or hearty and bad,, you whine a bit at the difficult decision.

,,Get hearty and bad. I know you have been craving proper chips for a while now and stop thinking you need to be on a diet,, he takes the menu from you.

,,Can you order please? I don't like her,, you mumble and whisper the last part as you see the server heading towards your table.

She set your drinks in front of you both. ,,Have you decided what you would like to eat?,, she asked turning more to Voltiaere and taking out her notepad.

(A/n: Why do I always write about food? Am I the only one always hungry when writing?)

,,I'll have the double chicken wrap and he'll have the butterfly burger. Both with chips. One with tomatoes and the other with broccoli please,, he hands her back the menus.

She leaves with another flirty smile behind her 'ok'. ,,Thank you,, you tell him.

,,No worries,, he just shrugs it off. You start to look around as the unsettling feeling grows more and more. ,,My gran is actually quite excited to meet you,, Voltiaere suddenly says and your vision turns back to him. ,,Yes, I told my gran about you, but you don't have to be nervous about it. Unlike my father and somewhat my mother, my gran is actually very nice to everyone else,, you chuckle a bit not really knowing how that feels. ,,But I do hope you'll like it there. You'll see which cow kick me square where it hurts. If she is still alive?,, he mumbled to himself and you go into full blown laughter.

The food arrived and you were happy Voltiaere continued to ignore any attempt the server made on him. You both eat comfortably and you were for once excited for food. Voltiaere continued to tell you stories, making you forget all about the unsettling feeling. ,,I am just going to pee quickly,, you say leaving him at the table after you both finished.

Instead of going to the toilets you make a b-line for your server. ,,Ex- Excuse me?,, you ask lightly tapping her. She turns to you and puts on a fake smile. ,,Can I pay, please?,, you ask.

She hums and leads you to the computer. ,,For both?,, you nod. She puts the bill on the card machine so you can pay with a tip, even though you didn't want to. ,,Give this to your brother,, she hands you the paid bill with her phone number on it.

You head back to the table and hand it to Voltiaere, not just because you wanted to show him you paid, but also because you desperately wanted to leave her staring gaze. ,,Why did you pay? I was going to?,, he asked confused, but one look and he grabbed his stuff so you both can leave.

,,Have a nice day~,, she screams after you both. Voltiaere grabs your hand and throws the bill with the number in the bin at the door.