Chapter 26

Y/n's pov.:

You hear a little gasp as you both enter the room ,,Voltiaere! Y/n!,,.

The little boy jumps up and down in the spot he is sitting in, as he seemed excited to see the both of you again ,,I'm surprised you remember my name. You only met me once,,.

He giggles ,,Of course I remember you. I'm very smart!,,. You both chuckle at the boy ,,No! Move! I want Y/n to sit on my favourite side!,,.

Voltiaere backs away with his hands in the air chuckling a bit ,,Alright buddy. How about you tell Y/n everything we have missed and I talked to your mother about what Santa is getting you?,,. Luka's eyes lit up as he basically waved Volt out. ,,I'll just be a couple of minutes,, he whispers towards you and you nod.

He and Lukas mother leave as you sit next the boy ,,So, how have you been feeling these past days?,,.

He shrugs his shoulders ,,More icky, but mum says it's from the new medicine. You and Voltiaere kiss yet?,, he asked giggling.

,,No, we haven't,, you say quickly, but his giggling turns into full blown laughter.

,,Why not? Are you still mad at him?,, you were gobsmacked at the sudden boldness of this child.

,,Why do you think I am mad at him?,, you ask.

,,Voltiaere told me last time he was here,, you resist the urge to walk out and rip his hair from his scalp. ,,I asked why you weren't here as well and he said you were mad at him because he was stupid,, you chuckle a bit. ,,Please don't be mad at him anymore. He said he was really sorry and he even bought me a new colouring book because I was sad,, he pulled out said book and you couldn't resist smiling at the pouting boy.

,,Don't worry, I am not mad at him anymore. He apologised and so did I,, you say as you straighten his hair with your fingers.

,,So, problem solved?,, he asked obviously making sure.

,,Yeah...,, but you weren't sure if it was. *Voltiaere and I made up. I know he likes me and I like him, but where do we go from there?*.

You couldn't stop and always went back to that one thought. Both you and Luka shared a page to colour as Volt and Luka's mother came back in. It was obvious she had been crying and that made you a bit uneasy. ,,You two good?,, Voltiaere asked with a smile sitting next to Luka. On his other side of course.

Luka nodded and babbled on about something, but you weren't listening. *That smile looks forced. What's going on? Is he-/*.

,,Y/n! You're not paying attention!,, Luka suddenly shouted.

,,Sorry, you were saying?,, you asked as you continued your part of the drawing.

Luka went on about some space ship adventure as you felt a cold hand on your back. You look over at Voltiaere and smile. He continues to rub your back, trying to soothe you in some way till the time runs out.

,,Aww, but I won't get to see you till after new year's,, Luka pouts.

,,Visitors are limited over the holidays,, Voltiaere clarifies as he saw your confused expression.

,,I'm sorry. Don't worry, I'll force Voltiaere to bring me here as soon as we are allowed again,, you say in a baby voice as you squish his cheeks.

You are happy when he starts smiling again. You both say your goodbyes to everyone as you leave. Though, as soon as you both step out of the hospital you tug on his jacket. He turns around and sighs as he sees your expression ,,Let us go to the car first. I don't want you catching a cold out here,,.

You nod and follow him to the car in silence. ,,Please tell me he's going to be ok,, you whisper.

,,Darling, I wish I could, but I don't know. His mother said they put him on a new drug, but his heart isn't responding well to it. They are looking for something else now,, you nod not really knowing what to say. ,,Oh, darling,, he reaches over and lifts you on his lap. ,,I'm sorry,, he whispers as he wipes your tears away.

,,Why? You can't control his health,, you mumble.

,,No, but I brought you here without asking you how you felt. I assumed you would like it completely forgetting that stuff like this is a part of it,, he tightened his hold.

,,I don't regret it though. Even if you had asked me I still would have said yes,, you say sniffling a bit.

,,I know, but you do know Luka may or may not be the only one. We do this to either help them get better or we give them the best last days,, he clarifies.

You nod trying not to cry anymore *I guess he has been through this enough times*. You just let him hold you as you try to calm down, when something crossed you mind ,,Voltiaere,,.

He lifts his head from yours ,,Yes darling,,.

The butterflies in your stomach go crazy at his words and the way his thumbs caressed your check. You take a deep breath trying to calm yourself again. ,,Can I-....,, , but you couldn't. ,,Can we please go to the shops now? Before-..before they close and....and let's get some food,, you could have thrown yourself out of the window at that point from your own stupidity.

He chuckles a bit and you willing to help death with his job. ,,Alright,, he helps you back into the passenger seat. ,,Let us get you some food,, you both put your seatbelt on and he drives of to the shopping centre.

Your heart is still feeling like it is going hundreds of kilometres per second. You look put the window to calm yourself trying to block out any thoughts. ,,Darling,, your head whips around mumbling out acknowledgments. ,,I hope you don't feel pressured to answer me about spending Christmas at my place, just because it is outside of the school or just because it is me. If you.....if you feel uncomfortable you can still say no. I would completely understand,, he says and you just nod.

After he had asked you had said you wanted to think about it, obviously not missing the slight disappointment in his face. Though, for once you wanted to be selfish and clearly think this through. *It would either bring us closer or destroy what we have. A relationship does the same thing though*.