Chapter 15

Y/n's pov.:

,,I changed my mind. Art is horrible,, you say as you flop onto your bed discarding the so-called supposed to be masterpiece.

You hear footsteps and a then chuckle. ,,It's not that bad,, he tries to say confidently, but fails to hold his laughter. ,,What even is it?,, he asked.

You lift your head to take another glance at what you drew. ,,A fish? I think. It could also be a purse?,, you don't even know what idea you had for it.

,,So, you do want to join the art club!?,, his laughter stopped instantly so he could ask you that question.

,,Yes? No? I'm not even sure anymore,, you whine. ,,I spoke to Mrs. Kim that I might be interested and she said I needed to make a submission. Something that explains my art style or some s**t like that,, you weren't really interested into doing something you don't even understand.

Yet you somehow got started. ,,And what style is this?,, he asked.

You lift your head to take another look and sigh. ,,There isn't one. That is something I never thought about. I just drew,, you are kind of disappointed of this conclusion. You always liked art and followed it as much as you could, but choosing a specific at style is something you never did. You liked them all. Sure, there were some that were odd for you, but you tried to see the point of the art.

,,Why do you even want to join the art club?,, he asked.

*Because Voltiaere suggested it and he seem like a smart guy? Yeah, that's the reason* but you can't tell one of his best friends that. ,,I can't keep following you guys like a lost puppy. I need to also do something alone that I enjoy,, which technically wasn't a lie.

,,Why the art club though? You don't really look like you're enjoying it,, he says with a snicker.

You attack him with your pillow, but he easily dodged it ,,I was enjoying it before all these rules and requirements came,,.

He holds up his hands in defence ,,I wish I could help, but I have no clue of this,,. You just groan in your pillow ,,What made you like art in the first place anyway?,,.

You turn around and lay on you back so you can breathe ,,I don't know. The freedom of it? The endless amounts of styles? That I could just make something and it couldn't be good or bad?,,

He just hums ,,And there you have your painting style,,. You look at him in question ,,Do what you want and don't think about any style or what Mrs. Kim wants,,.

You gasp ,,BRANDON YOU GENIUS,,.

He chuckles and goes back to whatever he was doing ,,Have fun,,.

You get up from your bed and chuck the other monstrosity to the side. You decide to just do what you always to and paint. You were so in the zone that you didn't even realise that the sun was setting. Once you were done you saw that it was dark outside. Looking at your painting you were satisfied with it. Once again it wasn't professional level, but it screamed you.

You turn to see Brandon still at his desk, but the desk lamp was on. Walking over you see that there were crumpled paper balls around him and a blank piece of paper in front of him ,,What are you working on?,,.

He jumped a bit realising you were behind him ,,I am trying to do something nice for someone. H- She is a bit in a bad mood, so I am trying to lift it,,.

You smirk at him ,,You got a crush?,,.

He scoffs ,,We are not in high school anymore and it can't be a crush if I am already dating the person,,.

You hit him. ,,I've known you for a little over 4 months and I only find out you have a girlfriend now!?,, you ask slightly offended.

,,Well, I can't really call them my girlfriend. We've been on this weird on and off secretive relationship, because of their parents. It's....,, he trails off trying to find the right word, but you already know what he means.

,,Complicated,, you shutter at the thought. ,,Welp, good luck with that,, you pat his shoulder. ,,I wish I could help you like you helped me, but I am just as useful with love like a fish needs a fire escape,,.

He chuckles and goes back to writing. You turn and grab your painting heading out. ,,Where are you going?,, he asked.

,,To show Mrs. Kim,, you say.

,,It's almost ten at night,, he reminded you

,,Exactly!,, with that you left him confused.

You walked all the way to Mrs. Kims' office and was even surprised to see her there ,,Mr. Blue? It's past curfew. What are you doing up this late?,,.

You put the painting down on her desk so she could see it ,,You said that if I wanted to join the art club I had to make a submission that explained my style. Well, this is it,,.

She put on her glasses so she could look at it better. ,,And what style might this be? I just see a mushroom with a small face,, she commented.

,,That is exactly my style. Nothing. I just drew this, because of no reason. I don't prefer a style. I just love to draw, paint or design and see what comes out of it. There is no right or wrong, just someone's point of view of it,,.

She puts her glasses back on her head ,,Well done Mr. Blue. You just joined the art club. I am thoroughly impressed,,.

You internally scream ,,Thank you Mrs. Kim! I will not disappoint,,. You hear her chuckle as you leave and head back to tell Brandon the good news, but something stopped you on the way there ,,Oh? You're back!,,.

Voltiaere turns to you noticing your presence ,,Yes, something came up and I had to stay a bit longer,,.

You noticed he seemed tense ,,You want to talk about it? I know I am not as smart as you guys, but I am a good listener,,.

He chuckles and lightly shakes his head ,,No, but thank you. I just need my bed. Speaking of, what are you doing running around? Alone might I add,,.

Completely forgetting about his situation your happiness returns ,,I just was coming from Mrs. Kim's' office and I got accepted into the art club,,.

The ends of his mouth curve up slightly ,,Well, a congratulations are in order then. I knew you would be able to convince the old bat,,.

You explained the same thing you did to her as he walked you back to your dorm ,,Did you know that Brandon had a girlfriend!?,,

He hums. ,,Something like that, but it is complicated with them two. The had been on and off for years, but love each other dearly,, Voltiaere explained.

,,Oh, poor him,, you arrive at your door. ,,Thank you. For walking me back and....well suggesting the art club thing. I think it is going to be really fun,, you say in a lowered tone.

,,No problem. I can't wait to see your masterpieces. Good night y/n,, he said as he turned to walk back to his room.

,,Night Voltiaere,, you whisper back, but he is long gone.