Chapter 27

Y/n's pov.:

You and Voltiaere spent the rest of the day at the shopping centre. Just going around the shops and looking for stuff, until something caught your eye. You grab it and look around to see Voltiaere nowhere in sight. Walking up to the till the lady smiles and scans the item. ,,Did you find what you were looking for?,, she asked with a typical smile.

,,Sure,, you just answer not really caring. ,,Hey, could you wrap it please? I won't be able to,, you ask.

,,Sure,, she just answers. You roll your eyes as soon as her back is to you. ,,Who is it for?,, she asked as she finished wrapping the present.

,,Oh, uh, Voltiaere is his name,, she looked at you dumbfounded. ,,You know what, just add the card. I'll sign it myself,, she just hums and gives you a weird look.

,,Is that all for today?,, you nod. ,,That will be 22£,, you give her the money as you start to feel a bit awkward.

,,What did you buy?,, you jump and look to see Voltiaere behind you. ,,Still so jumpy,, he teases.

,,Something and I said you guys needed to stop that!,, you slightly hit him. ,,What did you buy?,, you enquire as you try and sneak a peek at the bag he was holding.

,,Something,, he says dragging the bag away from your eyes. You raise your eyebrows looking at him with a smirk and now it was his turn to roll his eyes. ,,Marcy? How have you been?,, he says noticing the cashier.

,,Here is your item. The receipt is in the bag. Have a nice day,, she fake smiles and leaves clearly rolling her eyes.

,,You know her?,, you ask slightly scared.

,,Yeah.....,, he trails off, but turns towards you shortly after. ,,She was my uncles former sugar baby,, he just spits out as if it were nothing.

,,Excuse me!?,, you shout immediately turning red from your mistake. You silently apologise to the people looking at you as if you were crazy. Dragging a chuckling Voltiaere out of the shop you both make your way towards food. Choosing a restaurant, you both sit at a table and start to eat your food. ,,Ok, you need to tell me how in the hell she was a sugar baby. She doesn't even look like one and they are a type,, he chuckles again swallowing his food.

,,How they met, I have no clue. Though, I remember one family event after the other they both were prancing around like a d*ck and his pump. Suddenly, she wasn't there one event and he had a new bimbo on the next. I later found out from my cousin that Marcy was convicted for theft and was dropped by her other sugar daddy, which was against my uncles rule of only being with him,, you were in slight shock of what he just said. ,,Yeah, my family is a bit of a burning fire when it comes to drama,, he sheepishly admits.

,,At least you guys have family events. Even if it is just to show off, the family does get together and do something. The last and probably the only 'family event' I remember was my cousin's funeral and that was about three years ago. We don't even celebrate birthdays and Christmas is just for church. So, if your family is a burning fire, then mine is a nuclear bomb,, you tell him trying to lift his mood.

,,Mhm, maybe. It's definitely a discussion we need to do with both Will and Brandon. We've had to many drunk nights where 'who's family is the craziest?' was the biggest fight of the century,, you laugh trying to imagine that.

,,I weirdly can't see you in a disorderly way,, he smirks.

,,Then I am doing everything right,, you look at him confused. ,,I show people what I want them to see. Basically, I am somewhat controlling their opinion of me. Only the people closes to me on rare occasions have seen my true ways,, he clarifies.

,,So, you hide yourself?,, you ask.

,,No, I am still myself. Just, I show what I want to show and hide what I think is inappropriate for the chosen person,, you weirdly feel pity towards him.

,,Do you....do you hide yourself from me?,, you mumble not really sure if you want the answer.

,,Hey,, he lifts your head up with his fingers under your chin. ,,At times I have, but you have seen the real me. Maybe not all, but I don't hide myself from you,, he sincerely says.

,,I'm sorry,, you automatically say without thinking.

He shakes his head while his thumb rubs across your cheek. ,,No need to apologise darling,, he whispers. You felt his breath on your lips. A screaming child behind you brought you out of your daze. You quickly pull back and focus back on your food. Voltiaere sighs and continues to eat as well.

The atmosphere turned awkward as you had yet to figure out what you and Voltiaere were and would be, but one thing did become clear. ,,Voltiaere?,, you break the silence with. He hums turning his attention toward you. ,,Does the offer still stand?,, you ask.

,,Which offer?,, he asked. You were a bit confused by what he meant.

,,What do you mean which offer? The Christmas one,, he seemed to realise what you meant.

,,Ah, right. Of course it does. Why?,, you grow a bit nervous.

,,Could I come with you? I really don't want to spend Christmas alone. Yeah, the other pupils and vicar are there, but they all hate me,, though, you now realise Voltiaere's family could hate you too.

,,Darling, stop overthinking. Of course you can, that is exactly why I made the offer,, starting to relax you continue to eat. ,,What we will do is, when we are back at school I'll help you pack and leave tomorrow. Sounds good?,, you nod with a smile excited to leave school for some time.

You both finish your food and slowly head back while window shopping. ,,By the way, what did you mean by which favour?,, you decide to pry again.

,,Nothing really, my offer slipped my mind there,, he simply says.

You just hum deciding to drop it in hopes it doesn't bother you too much. *Was it because he wants to be with me or even the kiss?*, but it stays in the back of your mind.