Chapter 6

Y/n's pov:

You unlock the door and walk in your dorm. William is packing up his things and Brandon is helping him. *Must have studied* you thought. You ignore him and go to your side, where you gather your things to take a shower.

,,Bye Y/n,, you register William saying before he leaves. You look over your shoulder to see the door shut and Brandon ignoring you.

You scoff and walk in the Bathroom with all the stuff needed. Locking the door, you look in the mirror. *You wanted that! Why are you sad!? Because you need comfort!? No! You're too needy when nobody wants it! They don't care about you!* you take out the small box you keep hidden in your clothes. *They think you're sick and that is why you need help! Nobody loves you! Your own boyfriend cheated on you, because you couldn't be there! It was enviable! Your fault like always!*.

You silently cry as the blood trickles down your thigh. You have to be quiet so nobody can hear you. You only get about three cuts in when you realise you are running out of space. Looking at your arms you debate whether you should or not. You promised yourself that you'd never cut your arms, because of the risk of getting caught and your pulse. You may hurt yourself, but you're not suicidal.

You shake your head and decide to just wait for some old cuts to heal. You pack everything away and take a shower. The soapy Water turns pink and stings as it washes over the new cuts. After years of doing this you are still able to keep your mouth shut. ,,Dude, lights out was 30min. ago. Are you going to shower all night? Finish up, otherwise we'll get in trouble,, you hear Brandon shout through the door.

You do as he says and exit the bathroom letting out the steam from the shower. You just throw your stuff in the corner and crawl into bed wanting nothing to do with the world. You try to sleep, but you feel your phone go off with notifications *I don't want to do this anymore. I can't!*.

You felt a nudge against you and then the bed seemed to dip. A pair of skinny arms wrapped around you and pulled you towards someone. ,,Don't worry, I locked the door. We won't get caught,, Brandon said. ,,Why are you crying?,,. That's when you realised, you were crying again. Going into full blown sobbing you accept his gesture and cuddle him back. ,,Is it because of what happened today?,, you shake your head. ,,Does it have something to do with your phone constantly going off?,, you just continue to cry and his hold tightened. ,,You need to try and calm down, otherwise you'll get yourself too worked up and throw up,,.

He demonstrates how to breath and you try to do the exact same. It takes a while, but it does work. ,,I'm sorry,, you squeak out with your now sore throat.

,,Why are you sorry?,, he asked sounding as if he was about to fall asleep.

,,You're supposed to be asleep by now and I'm disturbing it. I'm always horrible to you and you're nice back,, you were about to start crying again when he started rubbing your back.

,,You're not bothering me and I am choosing to help you. I don't want you to struggle and think you're alone. I think if you let us, we could be really good friends.,, you shake your head and he sighs.

,,You really want to be friends with the only gay student in the entire school?,, you ask him.

,,I don't care if you're gay! Neither does William or Voltiaere,, you scoff not believing him. ,,I know. I don't know what he thinks of you, but he definitely doesn't hate you. Why don't you come join us at practice tomorrow? You don't have to participate, but just look and hang out with us over the weekend,, he offers. ,,You don't have to answer now, but just....think about it,, he yawns and soon falls asleep as you really do think about it.

*Should I? Or would I just be making things worse? The vicar knowingly hates me and if they hang out with me, then they could have trouble too* you decide against it as you get a shaky yawn. You fall asleep as all that crying exhausted you, completely forgetting about your phone or your teddy bear.

--------------------------------------------------
Brandon's pov.:

You wake up the next morning to banging on the door. Mentally thinking of every swear word there is you untangle yourself from Y/n and open the door. ,,What are you doing!? Do you want coach kai to kill you!? What time did you sleep last night?,,.

William walks past you and jumps on your bed. ,,Good morning to you too. I don't know, like five minutes ago or something. The last time I looked at the clock it was close to 3am,, you rub your eyes and get your uniform out. ,,Wake him up and force him out of bed. I asked him last night if he wanted to watch today, but now it's not a request anymore,, he looks at you for a moment and you know exactly what he is thinking. ,,No I didn't. He was bawling his eyes out and I just comforted him. Be nice, he thinks you and Volt hate him,,.

You knew you hit a soft spot with William as he hates it more when people don't like him than people he actually hates. You get dressed and tie your hair back so it isn't in the way. When you walked out you are greeted by a half-asleep Y/n ,,I don't want to go! I am not built for sports,,.

You chuckle at the whiney nature ,,You are just watching. C'mon, otherwise we'll never hear the end of it from our team captain,,. You both drag him all the way to the gym, obviously getting weird looks from other students *They all need to mind their business*.

Finally arriving you sit him on the bleachers. ,,You two are late,, Voltiaere says joining you three.

,,Actually, we're still on time, just later than we normally arrive,, you clarify.

,,Still a form of late. What is he doing here?,, he says and you all just roll your eyes.

,,I'm sorry team Captain, I overslept. He is here to watch us. I thought he might be interested in playing.,, you retort back in a childish voice and William just laughs.

Rolling his eyes Voltiaere leaves to talk to the Coach. ,,Of course he is your team Captain,, you hear Y/n whisper, but decide to ignore it.

You go over to Voltiaere ,,Did you say something to him?,,.

He looks up from his notes towards Y/n and then back down ,,I apologised and then I dragged him inside before curfew. Why?,,.

You scoff ,,So you all of a sudden know how to apologise and save him from getting in trouble?,,.

,,I never would hear the end of it from you, if I didn't,, he said, but you start smirking.

,,And that is the only reason?,, you ask.

,,Yes, anything else?,, he asked.

,,Nope,, yousay popping the "p". You lean in so only he can hear you whisper ,,I just think you have thing for the newboy,, his expression drops and he look like he is about to kill you.