Chapter 18

Y/n's pov.:

You sigh dramatically once again hoping to gain the attention of Voltiaere. He has been typing away on his laptop for the past hour. You could entertain yourself with your phone, but only for the first five minutes. You attempt another sigh though he still doesn't budge. ,,Jesus Christ Voltiaere! This is the most boring thing ever! History class has my attention more than this! I am so bored that it's agitating me!,, you shout in a moderate tone actually terrified of how the male would react. He just hums and not paying attention to what you just said. Whining you place your chin on the edge of the sofa. You look around the prestige office once again trying to find something you haven't looked at yet. *His glass desk. Him. His computer. His name tag on the desk. A plant that is surprisingly still alive* getting annoyed at another wave of boredom you whine again. ,,Voltiaere,,.

He chuckles and finally looks up from whatever he was doing. ,,You have the attention span of a puppy. I am just reviewing some stuff and then I will give your desired attention,, you felt your cheeks heat up. ,,And if you whine like that again I won't take you to your surprise,,. You quickly shut your mouth, but pout ,,Good pup,,.

You glare at Voltiaere who is back to reviewing whatever he is reading. You sigh deciding to be patient *How does he make surprises sound interesting?*. You lie down making yourself comfortable hoping that he'll be done soon.

--------------------------------------------------
Voltiaere's pov.:

,,Enter,, you say after you hear a knock at the door.

,,So....,, you look up at your brother who trailed off. ,,Who's that?,, turning to where he's pointing you see Y/n sleeping on the couch.

You look back at the report you were given. ,,He's a friend from school. I'm taking him out later,, you answer.

,,You're not.....you know. Are you?,, he asked trailing of again.

,,No,, you answer knowing exactly what he meant.

,,You don't always have to be so rude. I'm just asking. You have a habit of doing it so I thought he might be another one of your charity cases,, you ignore the last comment. He sits down on the chair in front of your desk ,,How is it?,,.

You sigh correcting the last sentence ,,Childish. If you send this to father he will never give you the company,,.

You get up and hand him the just printed papers. ,,Are they really that bad?,, he asked defeated.

,,That is not what I said. I said that it is childish. You need to practise your wording more professionally,, he reads over your corrections and notes. ,,You are getting better though so do not worry too much about it. It may be childish, but it's not bad,, you try to comfort him.

,,Mhm, thanks,, he just answers.

,,Hey. You just started a year ago and you are already this far. You will be fine. I'm sure,, you are happy to see him slightly smile.

,,You really have brilliant way with words. You going to the meeting later?,, you shake your head.

,,I took the day off so I can take him out. Don't say anything though. Uncle thinks I am showing him around for a possible internship,, he smirks as he walks out.

,,I'm not saying anything, but you two have fun,, with that he leaves.

You could only roll your eyes and shake your head at him *And he wonders why his reports are childish*. You turn back to the sleeping male on the couch. Walking up to him you crouch in front of the couch. ,,Y/n, you need wake up so we can leave,, you brush some of his hair from his eyes and gently rub his cheek.

,,No~ I was having a nice dream. Leave me alone,, his arms wrap around your waist and he tries to go back to sleep cuddling you.

,,C'mon pup,, you call him as your fingers thread through his hair. ,,Is your dream really that nice?,, you chuckle a bit when he nods. ,,How about, after your surprise you tell me all about your nice dream while we are doing something you want to do? You like the sound of that pup?,, you wait for his answer, but also notice the growing blush on his cheeks.

,,Can we get Ice cream?,, he asked opening his eyes.

You agree knowing exactly where to take him. You both stay like this for a while so he can wake up ,,You ready now pup?,,.

--------------------------------------------------
Y/n's pov.:

You nod rubbing your eyes not even bothering hiding your blush *He's most likely already noticed. Him still calling me a pup doesn't help. Would he be mad if I told him I lied? Am I a charity case?*.

You decide to not ponder about it too much and try to enjoy the one day out. Voltiaere drove for a while until he parked in an open parking spot ,,We are here,, he said to you.

Confused you walk out of the car ,,Are you getting me admitted?,,.

He chuckles as your question, but shakes his head ,,Something else you might enjoy,,. He takes your hand in his and you both walk in the hospital.

Walking up the front desk the lady smiles as soon as she sees Voltiaere ,,Well my my, I haven't seen you in weeks,, she teases.

,,I am here to introduce Y/n here to some of the kids,, he fills out the papers she gave to him letting go of your hand.

,,Ah, I see. Well Y/n, welcome to doki doki hospital. I'm sure the children will love you,, she takes the filled papers and give you both volunteer tags.

,,Voltiaere, what are we doing here?,, you ask him.

,,We are going to just talk with a couple of kids. Make their day. Why, is this uncomfortable for you?,, he asked slightly concerned.

,,No! Not at all, just surprised. That's all,, you say chuckling a bit.

,,That was the point pup,, you could only laugh at his comment.