Chapter 29

Y/n's pov.:

After some light bickering about you paying, you and Voltiaere finally arrived at his mother's house. It was early afternoon as the sun was already gone and the temperature. You loved how crisp the air felt as you stepped out. *Definitely love the country side* you look around to see a few animals in the distance. *Maybe for retirement though* you are pushed out of your thought process by Voltiaere holding your hand.

,,Let us go inside before you catch a cold,, he whispers, obviously exhausted. He rings the doorbell, when an elderly woman opens it.

,,Voltiaere! Oh, it's lovely to see you again! You have grown so much,, she engulfs Voltiaere in a hug. ,,You must be Y/n. It's so nice to meet you. Voltiaere wouldn't stop talking about you,, she engulfs you in a hug and you look at Voltiaere.

,,All good things I hope,, he gives you his traditional smirk.

Not having even a second to think about slapping him, the elderly woman beats you to it. ,,Stop being cheeky. I thought you differently,, you giggle at him rubbing the spot on his head. ,,By the way, I am this ones Gran. My daughter is his mother,, she says with a smile. ,,Now let us get you both inside. We don't need yous' to have a cold over Christmas,, pushing you both inside you grab Voltiaere's arm once again.

He manoeuvres his arm, so he is holding your hand again. ,,Voltiaere!,, another woman comes up with open arms.

Voltiaere let her hug him, wrapping only one arm around her. ,,Mother, how have you been?,, he asked, but you hear his clear disinterest.

,,Oh, you know,, she trails off looking at you both. ,,You must be Y/n,, she said, but it sounded more like a question.

,,Yes, but you can bombard him with questions in the morning. We're both tired, exhausted and going to bed,, he pulls you down a hallway, but his mother shouts after you both.

,,What about dinner?,, she asks.

,,We'll eat it later!,, he shouts back. You make your way towards a room as he basically pushes you inside.

Closing the door, he let out a big sigh. ,,I'm guessing you and your mother aren't on the best of terms,, you ask breaking the tension.

He turns to look at you and leans against the door. ,,Something like that,, he sighs again. ,,But don't worry, she thinks you're my introverted friend, which isn't much of a lie since I forgot how shy you get with unfamiliar and crowded places. Also, gran takes secret with her to the grave,, he pushes himself off the wall and crashes on the bed.

,,Wait- what do you mean she takes secrets to her grave and I don't have to worry about it!?,, you ask turning to him, but he just smiles. ,,Voltiaere, what did you tell her?,, you ask in a threatening voice.

,,Just some little things. That you were new and very shy to the point that it took you a while to utter a sentence to Brandon,, he sits up and pulls you towards him. ,,That you are really good at art,, he continues to ramble and flatter you. ,,That you have the most squishable cheeks,, you wish which ones he meant. ,,That you're really cute and I like you,, he casually says, but you slap his shoulder.

,,Voltiaere! Have you gone mad!?,, you ask him whispering, not wanting to shout it through the entire house. He stands up, holding your shoulders in an attempt to calm you down.

,,Ok, don't worry. Like I said, she takes secrets with her to the grave, I can tell she really likes you and she is one of the very few accepting family members I have. She even got us to be in this room together to suspend any suspicious,, you wanted nothing more than to murder him on the spot.

You look around and realise you are in a room with one bed. ,,We're sharing a bed?,, you ask clearly not amused.

,,Don't ask it like that. More like 'we can cuddle',, he says smirking.

,,I will end your life, if you think of anything further. Trust me, we are at the country side. I have at least eight places at the top of my head where nobody can find your body. I am also sure your precious gran will help me,, you threaten.

,,There you truly are. I was wondering how long it took till I could find you again,, he leans in, but you put your finger on his lips stopping him.

,,I'm going for a shower. You can go after me,, you turn to grab your stuff and leave.

,,Last door on your left. Towels should be there,, Voltiaere shouts after you.

Heading to the bathroom you bake in the shower. After the long day it was definitely what you needed. You didn't spend too much time, since you didn't want to use all the hot water. *Not only am I a guest here, but Voltiaere probably wants a shower to. As much as he p*sses me off sometimes, he is definitely exhausted* you think back to the obvious bags under his eyes you saw as he was leaning in. Getting dressed, you still feel cold. You head back to the room and see Voltiaere with his eyes closed on the bed. ,,You asleep?,, you ask with a whisper.

,,Sadly not,, he says with a strained voice.

,,Go take a shower please. You'll feel a bit better after,, you say helping him sit up.

His fingers glaze over your arms. ,,Are you cold?,, he asked feeling the Goosebumps.

,,A bit, but I am fine,, you just shrug off.

He stand up and takes his clothes out of his bag. ,,Here,, he hands you a hoodie of his.

,,Thank you,, you mumble as you take it

He chuckles walking up to you. ,,You are sometimes so adorable that it scratches my soul,, his thumb glides across your cheek.

With him walking out, you finally let out the breath you didn't know you were holding. *He is going to be the death of me some day* you put on the hoodie and go to bed.

You realise how tired you were as even more exhaust hits you like a wave. You slowly start to fall asleep as you hear the door open, close and lock. Knowing it's Voltiaere by his chuckle you don't bother to move. He moves the duvet so he can lie down as well and pulls you close. Not having the strength to bicker anymore, you decide to just cuddle up to him. ,,Your duality baffles me sometimes,, he whispers.

,,I have the same thing with you,, you mumble.

His fingers made his way to your hair and you relax even further. ,,I still really want to kiss you,, he whispers.

,,I know,, you say once again ignoring the clear 'me too' that was itching in your thoughts.