Chapter 37

A bit of an earlier release, since I am busy tomorrow.

Y/n's pov.:

,,There you are,, you heard as Voltiaere sat next to you. ,,You're supposed to still be in bed,, he added, but you just hummed not really paying attention.

,,I couldn't look at the brick ceiling anymore and I desperately needed some fresh air,, you quickly clarify in a monotone voice.

You can feel him staring at you still, but you don't spare him a glance. ,,What is plaguing your mind so much that you are not giving me my wanted attention,, he asked tapping the side of your head.

,,School is starting next week, and I just got handed this letter,, you hand it to him, so he can read it.

,,Darling, I'm-/,,.

,,Don't! If you start apologising for something you can't control, then it will truly piss me off,, you rip the letter out of his hands and crumple it in anger. Voltiaere doesn't say a word, as you wished, but you know he feels guilty.

One thing Voltiaere successfully hides is his people-pleaser tendencies, though it is only for those he cares for. He has made it very clear at how frustrating it was for him to put you in this situation and he hated seeing you either sad or angry. You didn't like reinforcing his guilt, but you also were entitled to feel this way.

,,If it makes you feel any better, I am not the only one who got this letter,, you mention. ,,Jason got a similar one. Apparently he was seen with a boy in town by the one girl that has a huge crush on you,, Voltiaere chuckles at the jealousy in your voice.

,,You know I don't like her,, he clarifies.

,,Is that so? Then why did you accept her gift?,, you ask, clearly still not happy.

,,So, I could recycle it properly. We all know most students are incapable of doing so. How do you even kn-/,,

,,Same hallway where the vicar stopped me to give me this stupid letter,, you answer knowing it was planned.

Voltiaere moves closer but is still far enough to not raise suspicion. ,,You know....I seriously do not have feelings for her or any other student and human being here in Plymouth,, you take a deep breath and hum.

,,Couldn't you have asked me to meet your gran after the school year ended? This is more difficult than I thought it would be,, you whisper, and he chuckles.

,,I do admit that my impulsive actions have caused to need a bit more restraint, but I wouldn't have it any other way,, he smirks after seeing your blush. ,,It's funny anyway. Half a year ago you were wanting to murder me in silence and a week ago you were trying to devour my face,,.

,,Nope. What's funny is that you are capable to always redirect my anger towards you, deepening the urge to murder you. Only difference is that I would rather murder you slow and painfully than silent,,.

,,As long as it distracts you from the mind plague,,.

,,I hate you, but thank you,,.

,,Anything for my love,, he whispers.

You wished nothing more in this moment to be in his arms and forget the world exists, but sadly that wasn't possible. ,,It's getting cold,, you say trying to distract yourself again. You get up and head back inside with Voltiaere trailing behind. What made him burst into laughter was you walking into your own door. ,,Why is this locked?,, you ask out loud.

,,Maybe you forgot you locked it,, Voltiaere said trying to control his giggles.

Sending him a death glare, you pull out your keys to unlock the door and walk inside ,,Holy shite!,,.

,,Well, that's interesting,, you quickly come back to your senses and pull Voltiaere out of the room, shutting the door at light speed. Minutes later the door opens revealing a dishevelled and clearly embarrassed Brandon. ,,Is it safe to walk in?,, you lightly punch Voltiaere for his comment.

Walking in none of you dare to talk before Brandon closes the door. ,,I swear if the both of you did it on my bed-/,,.

,,We did not do it on your bed!,, Brandon retorted.

,,Oh!? And the desk is acceptable!?,,.

,,It's my desk!,,.

,,And you! You told us you would be back in three days!,,.

,,I wanted to spend some time with Brandon and didn't think either of you would notice,,.

,,I am his roommate William! And you two did the naked jiggy on his desk in our room!,,.

,,We locked the door for a reason,,.

,,Well next time just send me a message Brandon. Would gladly not have that image burned into my memory,, you breathe out walking to your bed and wanting to melt into it. ,,You got nothing to say about this!?,, you ask Voltiaere.

,,I am just surprised that William tops, since Brandon is the controlling one,, he answers if it were nothing.

,,You knew about this!?,, Voltiaere hums.

,,Darling, calm down. Yes, I knew about this since we all met in conversion and I caught them cuddling each other after skipping a therapy,, he explained.

,,You two were in conversion?,, you ask them in disbelief.

,,Sadly, yes. But I wouldn't have it any other way. Probably still would have thought Voltiaere is stuck up and William is the embodiment of hyper,, Brandon explained. ,,Stop pouting. I ended up dating you,, he said to William after seeing him.

,,Can I ask....? What was it like for all of you?,, you ask a bit scared.

Everyone goes silent and you instantly regret your question. Brandon walked up and sat on your bed. ,,Don't be mad at him, but Voltiaere told us you were going to get electro therapy,, he said.

,,You guys would have found out anyway,, you mumble.

,,Electroshock therapy was the first unit we got. I don't remember much of the other units and was out by the third. I was overjoyed because our last unit was something with Insulin,, William explained.

,,Insulin coma therapy. Yeah, that is the final unit this year,, you say.

,,Excuse me!? I thought they were banned!?,, Brandon asked Voltiaere.

,,Obviously they found a way to reintroduce them,, he says defeated.

,,Why were they banned?,, you ask.

All three of them hesitate. ,,Voltiaere, he deserves to know,, Brandon says breaking the silence.

You turn to Voltiaere seeing him clearly having inner turmoil. ,,I won't freak out. I promise,, you tell him, and he sighs.

,,All of the conversion techniques from our year were originally banned due to two of them being considered as abuse and the other two....killing a student each,, Brandon says knowing Voltiaere would struggle to.

You were at a loss for words not knowing how to react at the given information. *I shouldn't have promised* you thought tsking a deep breath.

,,Electroshock therapy took an innocent girl because she had issues with her lungs,, Voltiaere said.

,,That's why you asked me that question when I mentioned the therapy,, Voltiaere nodded. ,,And....Insulin coma therapy?,, you hesitantly asked.

,,Remember that best friend my gran mentioned, and parents hated?,, that's when it clicked.

,,Oh, Voltiaere,,.