Chapter 12

Y/n's pov.:

Beeping. That's all you heard. You groan as you get out of bed and grab your pillow. Smashing the two cuddling culprits in the face with it ,,Wake up! You alarm has been going off for the past hour!,,.

Hearing that they both jump up with deep gasps and start running around like headless chickens. You roll your eyes and turn off Brandon's alarm. ,,Hey! How are you feeling?,, he asked since William beat him to the shower.

,,Like s**t. I woke up at four and had a migraine. Didn't fall asleep until six and then your alarm went off an hour later,, you say as you fall back in your bed.

,,So, I am guessing you don't want to go and watch practice again?,, he asked unsure.

,,No. Even with enough sleep I wouldn't want to go after what happened last week.,, you explain. *And I definitely don't want to see your team captain* you didn't tell them that.

He hums ,,Understandable, but you do need to find something to do. You can't keep staying in here. You'll go crazy,,.

You sigh knowing he's right. You've been here only three months and you rarely go out of your room. ,,By the way, what happened yesterday?,, you change the subject hoping he doesn't notice.

,,You don't remember?,, you shake your head. ,,Well, the last time I saw you was in Math. Then you disappeared to conversion. Dinner came up and neither Will or I could find you. Volt notice that everyone else from conversion was there, but not you, so we all started looking for you...,, you stopped listening to wonder about one thing he mentioned.

*Voltiaere noticed!? Why?* you decide not to ponder too much.

,,Later we found you in one of those bathtubs barely conscious. We took you out and cooled you down in the shower. We wanted to wait for you to wake up, but Will and I both must have fallen asleep. Was Volt awake?,, he asked, but you shake your head.

,,He wasn't even here.,, you tell him. You weren't sure if he wanted to have them know what happened last night. All you knew is that you didn't want them to know how truly pathetic you were.

,,O...kay. Uhm....,, as if on cue William came out of the bathroom fully dressed in his uniform. ,,Well, we'll go then. Please eat something!,, he shouted as he dragged William out with his stuff.

You sigh as you happily go back to sleep *Finally some peace and quiet*. You were asleep for a couple of hours before you heard your door open and close. You choose to ignored it knowing its Brandon back from practice. You try to fall asleep again only this time stuff was constantly breaking. ,,Jesus Christ Brandon! What are you-/,, your words were caught in your throat as you realise it definitely wasn't Brandon.

--------------------------------------------------
Voltiaere's pov.:

,,Dear God you look like death,, William teases as he approaches you.

,,And you two are late, again,, you say to them, but they just shrug you off.

,,You not training today?,, Brandon asked noticing that you were in school uniform instead of practice uniform.

,,No. I don't just look like it, but also feel like death. You?,, you ask Brandon who seems to have done the same.

,,Nope. Can't be bothered. Guess it's just you sweetheart,, he teases towards Will.

A punch and a bit of bickering later, Brandon is sitting next to you as you observe practice. ,,Do you know if he's alright?,, you ask him all of a sudden.

,,Y/n?,, you nod answering. ,,Yeah. Tired since he apparently woke up early this morning, but still able to beat us with a pillow,, he chuckled. ,,When did you actually leave?,, he asked.

,,About five in the morning, why?,, you turn to look at him, but he seems confused.

,,Can't be. Y/n said he was awake at four and you weren't there,, he said and you knew exactly what that meant.

,,Must have misread the time then. I figured since he looked asleep that his circulation recovered so I went to bed,, you wonder why he didn't want to tell them that you two were just talking. Then again, Brandon might have figured out what you were doing.

You are happy he believes you and just dropped it at that. Practice was way too long when you weren't a part of it. So, you were happy when lunch started. ,,Let's go! I'm starving!,, William jumped on Brandon as he complained.

You three sit down at your usual spot after grabbing some food. Brandon was looking around, probably for Y/n ,,He will most likely not appear again. If he had a migraine last night then-/,,.

Your words stopped when you all were surprised by Y/n's presence. He had actually grabbed some food and started eating. You all look at each other wondering who should ask. ,,Uhm....Y/n? You okay?,, Will dared to ask.

,,I'm fine,, he mumbled obviously lying.

,,Who was it?,, you asked clearly not happy.

,,It doesn't matter.,, he mumbled again. You were about to argue, but he cut you off. ,,What are you going to do!? Report them!? Beat them up!? Warn them!? What will happen after that!? They won't get punished. The only ones who will are you and me. Nothing will change,, you sigh knowing he was right.

*I'd feel better to make them feel what you felt.* you admit to yourself.

,,So just drop it, ok? All of you,, Brandon and Will agree while you don't.

,,At least get treated by the nurse. Worst case some of those cuts will get infected,, you ask and he agrees.

The rest of lunch goes quite smoothly. After Will babbling about practice the conversation turns to irrelevant subjects. They might have been irrelevant, but you all seemed to be laughing. Even you. ,,So, he is able to smile and there I thought you were emotionless,, Y/n teased.

,,You should have seen him when we first met him. He was the shyest person ever. Wouldn't utter a single word to us,, you kick William under the table for what he said.

,,Impossible!,, Y/n said not believing him, but Brandon confirmed it.

,,It took us three months to even get him to say morning. Now five years later he is student president,, you also kick Brandon, but he ignored it.

,,You all knew each other during your A-Levels?,, you all nod.

,,I've been stuck with them since,, Y/n starts to nonstop giggle and the other two complaining. You put your plates away and head out. ,,Uh, where are you going?,, they all turn to you confused. ,,Nurse's office is that way,, you say pointing in the direction.

,,No~. Can we just ignore it this one time? The cuts are small anyway,, he whined. You shake your head and he whined again. ,,But the stuff hurts,, he mumbled pouting.

,,C'mon, let's go,, you say guiding him in the direction. ,,If it hurts that bad then I'll let you slap William,,.

,,What!? Why me!?,, he asked in surprise.

,,Because I still need my looks. You already have a partner,, your happy that Y/n was giggling again at William's bickering.

*Maybe there is hope for you here*.