Chapter 34

A/n: This chapter is going to be really jumpy so I can continue with the story. Please bare with me🙏

Y/n's pov.:

,,Oh sweetie, I am so sorry. I even checked the them beforehand and I didn't find anything,, Voltiaere's grandmother apologises for the umpteenth time.

,,No, no....it's....It's fi-,, you hunch over the toilet bowl to gag out anything your body is still trying to reject.

You woke up earlier this week with a huge headache and a sore throat. One check of your temperature and it was confirmed, that you woke up on Christmas day with a cold. Trying to power through the day, you just barely made it. ,,Y/n?,, you register.

,,Huh, yeah?,, turning your head to Voltiaere with a worried expression, you ignore the dizziness that pressed against your skull.

,,Thank you for your present, but I really think you should go to bed,, he suggested in a soft tone.

You look down to see the Stitch plush, that you bought when you were Christmas shopping, in his hands. Nodding you stand up and try to balance your way upstairs. ,,You know...,, you cough a bit before continuing. ,,...you don't have to follow me everywhere I go. I'll be fine. You can spend some time with your family,, you say to Voltiaere knowing he is behind you.

,,I just need to make sure you're fine,, he said tucking you in in the sofa. You refuse to sleep in the same bed as Voltiaere not wanting him to get sick and argued with him about you being the one sleeping on the sofa.

,,No cuddles,, you warn him as you feel the duvet rustle a bit more than it should.

,,I told you should have gone inside. No look at this. I get no cuddles and you are sleeping on a sofa,, he says displeased.

,,I told you sick people feel better on the sofa and you where the one who started that snowball fight. So, stop whining, keep a six-foot distance with me and go downstairs and spend time with your family,, you demand closing your eyes.

Hearing him mumble something on his way out you try and relax. You didn't move much from your spot on the sofa for the rest of the week, just to go to the bathroom and occasionally try to eat.

By the weekend you started feeling a bit better and after a long shower you felt ready to eat, which brought you to this situation. It was tea time and you all were eating tee and cakes. Voltiaere's gran knew about your allergies, so she did try to avoid any nuts and fish when she was cooking. The cakes were ordered, but you even saw on the slip that a nut allergy was indicated.

Yet, you are still hunched over the toilet wanting to scratch the itch on your organs. ,,You know, you don't have to sit here,, you say wiping your mouth with a tissue. Voltiaere just hums as he continues to rub your back. You get up of the floor and flush the toilet.

Brushing your teeth, you lean against him sighing in contempt. ,,I'm guessing you don't want to go on that walk anymore?,, he asked rubbing your arms.

You shake your head finishing cleaning your mouth. ,,I'm sorry. I promise I'll go tomorrow. I just need this icky and rash feeling on my organs to go away,, you explain.

,,It's ok darling,, he says kissing the top of your head. He leads you to the shared room and this time tucks you in the bed. ,,Just try and relax. I will take Artie out with gran, if you need anything-,,.

,,I will be fine Voltiaere. Like I said ages ago, it doesn't kill me, it's just extremely uncomfortable,, you explain trying to ignore the itching in your oesophagus.

You must have fallen asleep, because the next thing you know is opening your eyes and feeling like you swallowed the Sahara. *I hate this feeling* you mostly recovered from the allergic reaction, but throwing up and taking a nap does make you quite dehydrated.

You walk downstairs and chug a pint of water. ,,I wonder if they're back?,, you ask yourself.

,,They're not,, you jump a bit and turn to see Voltiaere's mother, Wincey.

,,Ok, then. I will just go upstairs again,, you try to quickly escape, but she stops you.

,,Do you know if Voltiaere has had any girlfriends or is showing interest in anyone?,, she asked you.

*Sh*t* you mentally groan at her. ,,Not that I know of, no,, you say as nice as possible turning towards her.

,,No interests whatsoever? He is just focusing on school?,, she asked in aa more condescending tone this time.

,,Ma'am, I don't even know what he likes. I've only been friends with Voltiaere for the past 3 months,, trying to slip away again she still stands in your way.

,,Only 3 months? And you two are close enough for him to invite you to a family Christmas?,, you take a deep breath and try to keep your composure.

,,Match made in heaven, I guess? I did meet Voltiaere through Brandon, so,, trying to push past her, she still doesn't relent.

,,So, he is still friends with that boy?,, she asked.

,,Yes? Is there a problem with Brandon?,, you ask her this time.

,,Just the same fear we have with you,, you look at her confusingly, silently asking her to explain. ,,That you both were accepted into the church for retribution of your former sinful ways,, she says.

*Brandon was put in the school for being gay!?* you wonder.

,,Well, he was accepted due to drug use and you....are the one I am more worried about,, you bite your cheek and try to keep calm. ,,You were accepted due to relations with another male or was my ex-husband lying to me?,, she tilts her head lightly while asking the very personal question.

,,Something like that, sure. Though, I am in conversion and the vicar did say I have hope on the next test in January,, you attempt to forcefully push past her this time, but she actively pushes you back.

,,He doesn't need you. He has God, his family and a wonderful girl, who will love him endlessly,, she demands.

,,Voltiaere can be with whoever he wants. He's old enough to make his own decisions. As for me apparently dragging him to hell, I am making up for my 'sins'. My parents choose that school, so I get retribution. Is Voltiaere a bad person for helping me?,, she scoffs at your question.

,,No, but sinners can still drag good people down with them. Voltiaere may be old enough to make decisions, but he still doesn't know what is good for him,,.

,,And you do?,,.

,,I am his mother!,,.

,,Funny, my mother claims a similar thing. She believes so much of her own delusions that she would risk the safety of her only child. Though, you shouldn't have that problem since you have two,, your eyes go wide at the slap you felt on your cheek.

,,Leave this home! The almond powder should have killed you,, she admits.

,,What happened to 'You shall not murder'?,, you ask her.

,,Not when I am helping cleanse this earth. Now, leave!,, she screams pointing at the front door, which was open.

,,Wincey!,, you hear his gran scream.

Voltiaere walks up to you and inspects your cheek, wiping away the tears you didn't know that fell. ,,He needs to leave! He is plaguing your mind!,, Wincey tries to defend., but Voltiaere looked beyond furious.

,,And who are you to decide that!?,,.