Chapter 38

Y/n's pov.:

,,You can be mad at me forever,, Brandon says breaking the silence.

,,I'm not...mad. Just a bit butt-hurt that you haven't told me that your relationship was with Will,, you explain fiddling with the label on your pillow.

,,Well...,, he sighs walking over and sitting next to you. Voltiaere and William left a bit ago, since it was getting late, and they didn't want to be caught. ,,Remember when you caught me writing that cheesy love letter?,, you nod.

,,The one where you helped me with my entrance assignment for the art club? That was for Will?,, you ask for clarification and this time Brandon is the one that nods.

,,I had pushed his hand away on our anniversary and refused to sneak out at night to see him. It really hurt him. It took me a week to get back on his good side and our trust was still rocky. By the time we were good again, you and Volt were arguing and the both of us had to leave for Christmas. I wanted to tell you once classes started again, but then....,, you shudder at the image still seared in your mind.

,,Just please never remind me of that moment ever again and I will forgive you,, you plead, and he chuckles. ,,May I ask? Why were you and Will on and off so much? I get the anniversary thing, but you two were so cute earlier,, he sighs humming.

,,It's this place. It is hard to have time together, because one wrong person can put you straight back into conversion. I know you are in it right now, but I can't go back,, Brandon's voice was cracking lightly. ,,I was the last one of us to be released from it. It I had still failed my test back then, then I would have been in Insulin coma therapy,, he explains in a whisper. ,,Ar-....The student that died took my spot. The pastor was so sure that I would fail that he reserved a spot for me,, you notice that Brandon started crying. ,,I...I would have....died, but....but my friend did instead,, that is what pushed him over and he started crying.

You try to console him, but nothing works. You text Will in hopes that he can help you when the door burst open. ,,Hey, shhh, it's okay. I'm here, you're her and that is ok. It is exactly what the universe decided,, Will carries Brandon over to his bed and cuddles him to calm him down.

,,You okay?,, you look up to see Voltiaere in front of you as well. You gaze travels to the door. ,,Don't worry it's locked, and nobody saw us,, he sits down in front of you.

,,I...didn't think....how does he know what we...?,, now tears were starting to fall from your eyes. You didn't want to make Brandon cry.

,,It's okay darling. You had no idea,, he whispers pulling you close. ,,There are very few things that make Brandon cry and just two that put him in this state. Since him and Wiliaml haven't broke up, the latter is the reason,, he explained repositioning the both of you, so you are laying on your bed.

,,Voltiaere?,, he hums as his fingers run through your hair. ,,I'm scared,, you admit.

,,I am sorry darling. I can help you skip conversion, but they will find a way to make you do it,, he says, but you shake your head.

,,I'm scared you will get bored of me,, he gives you an expression mixed with confusion and offence. ,,Will and Brandon struggle with their relationship and they have been together for five years. And us?,, you wanted to continue your rant, but Voltiaere pecked you before you could.

,,Darling, we may have had a bumpy beginning, but I will not let that happen, ok? We will find a way. It is only half a year anyway,, he kisses your forehead and pulls you even closer, trying to relieve your anxiety.

Brandon's crying had reduced to sniffles as this point. You close your eyes wanting to saviour the comfort of Voltiaere through your slumber and before he had to leave again. It should have felt weird at the rate the both of you were getting comfortable with each other, but you had never had much of a source of comfort since your cousin had passed. Not even at his funeral. Before you knew it, you opened your eyes to sunlight shining through the window.

It was cold in front of you, signalling that you were the only one in the bed. Turning around you see Brandon awake, but still in his bed. ,,Look over there,, he whispers pointing at the door. You look over to see a pink tulip and a note were stuck to it. You get up to check it out and see your name on the note. Taking the flower and note from the door, you notice another piece of tape stuck next to it, probably belonging to the flower and note Brandon had next to him. Going back to bed, you lay your flower on the bedside table and read the note. It brought tears to your eyes, as you held it close to your heart. ,,We have some real sappy boyfriends, don't we?,, he asked with laughter that infected you. That was a good start of a day in bed.

Darling,

you know the moon was beautiful last night, wasn't it? I wish I could take all your worries away, so you can live a stress-free life. Sadly, I know if I were to take them away, more would arrive. So, I will try the next best thing, to bring your so much joy that it diminishes the worry.

I will try to bring you your daily serotonin.

I will try to make you laugh.

I will try to help you through tough times.

I will try to protect you from the evil of this world (specifically vicars).

I will forever be the place you can seek comfort.

All I ask in return is to see you smile and know that I am fulfilling my promises.

~ V.P.