Chapter 33

Y/n's pov.:

The door closed quietly as you started to wake Voltiaere up. ,,Voltiaere,, you say in a low tone. ,,We need to head downstairs,, he mumbles something you don't understand and turns his head to the other side to go back to sleep. ,,Voltiaere, your grandmother slaved in that kitchen for lord knows how long. Now either you wake up and head downstairs or I am dragging you there,, he chuckles through his breath.

His chin is rested on your stomach so he can look at you with that stupid smirk. ,,You are going to drag me down?,, he asked amused.

,,Don't test me!,, you threaten.

,,I think I will,, he lays his head back down and tightened his arms around you. You tried to push him off, to get up or even hurt him so he would leave, but everything obviously didn't work. You finally stop with a heavy sigh and hear him chuckle. He got up from his position, but still trapped you with his arms.

His face was right in front of yours and wrong move would make your lips touch. You freeze in your spot not daring to move in fear of anything happening. *Is he going to kiss me? Now!?* you try to calm yourself, waiting for Voltiaere's next move.

It is now you realise that his eyes only leave yours to look at your lips. ,,Mhm, interesting,, he whispered.

,,What?,, you asked wanting to know.

,,You're not....,, he trails off. It is obvious to you that he was heavily thinking about something. Suddenly he stood up and a wave of cold air hit you. ,,Come on darling. The food is getting cold and eaten,, he said stretching out his hand for you.

You whine as your muscles start to hurt. ,,Why is it so cold?,, you ask hiding under the duvet.

,,You think?,, you nod at his question. ,,I'll ask gran, if I'm allowed to turn on the fireplace. I'm sure if she knows it is for you,, you sigh at the second wave of coldness you feel as Voltiaere pulls you up out of the bed. ,,Here, swap with me,, he said as he took of his hoodie rearranging his T-shirt he was wearing. You whine not wanting to feel colder than you are. ,,This hoodie has a better lining inside. You will feel less cold,, he explained. Huffing you take off the hoodie and swap them giving him the one you were wearing and putting on his.

Hating that he was right, you felt a bit more comfortable with the warmth that wrapped around you. ,,How does my hoodie fit you?,, you ask him after seeing the hoodie fit him perfectly.

,,You were wearing my one darling?,, he chuckles. You look back at the suitcases and see that both of yours were next to each other.

,,Sorry,, you say looking back at him.

,,I didn't mind anyway, darling. Now let us finally get some food. I am sure my brother took all the Yorkshire puddings by now,, you two head downstairs for Christmas dinner.

It was surprisingly peaceful, yet still awkward. You tried to not let it affect you and focus on Voltiaere's and his brother's conversation. You didn't eat much as it wasn't settling well with you. ,,Alright, everyone in the living room. I will be there once I've finished cleaning,, his gran said.

Voltiaere and his brother went straight to the living room as you turned around back into the dining room. ,,Could I help?,, you asked her.

,,Oh sweetheart, you don't have to,, she tried to send you off, but you didn't let her.

,,I would like to help please,, she reluctantly agrees to let you.

It wasn't long till you both finished. You turn to head to the living room and see Voltiaere standing in the doorway. ,,You always run off like a little puppy,, he said walking up to you.

,,I swear to everything that is believed in, if you start calling me pup again I will bite you like one,, you retort.

,,I wondered where that feisty attitude went, but I promise I won't. I prefer darling way too much,, he says focusing on you. Your eyes go wide at what he said. ,,Don't worry. Father left for work, gran left us a minute ago and is distracting mum in the living room. It is just us,, he whispers. You let out a big sigh leaning against his chest as he starts rubbing your back. ,,Do you feel any better?,, he asked still whispering.

,,Not really. I'm less cold, but I couldn't eat much. I swear I tried,, you tell him remembering one of the first fights you had.

,,I know darling and I am proud of you for trying,, he says kissing the top of your head.

You hide your face trying to hide the growing blush on your cheeks. *At least I am not that cold anymore* you are grateful he doesn't tease you, but you could feel the smirk on his face. ,,Can we just go into the living room please?,, you mumble in his hoodie.

,,As you wish, darling,, he said before taking your hand and leading you to the living room.

As you walked in, you couldn't ignore the glare from his mother, but you decided to ignore it. Voltiaere pulled you down on the sofa next to him as you wanted nothing more than to cuddle up to him, but couldn't at the time. You couldn't do anything, but appreciate Voltiaere at that moment due to the warmth in the room caused by the fireplace. It wasn't till about halfway through the movie, Voltiaere's gran put on, where you started to feel extremely exhausted and Voltiaere noticed too. His hand, knowing it was Voltiaere's, slowly guided your head to lean on his shoulder as your eyes couldn't fight it anymore and finally shut.

,,Darling? Wake up. We need to go to bed, it's late,, you hear Voltiaere whisper. You don't say anything and hold up your arms wanting to be carried. He chuckles before lifting you up and you holding on to him like a koala. He went upstairs and gently placed you in the bed before disappearing and quickly reappearing. With finally getting your wish of the cuddles you were happy to fall asleep.

If only you had known what the next couple of days had in store for you.

A/n: A bit of boring couple of fluff chapters, but the story will start to pick up again