Chapter 20

A bonus chapter today, because I had my tutoring cancelled :/

Y/n's pov.:

,,Ahh! Mr. Blue! It's nice to see you. How have these past months been treating you?,, you look around at the other students staring.

*Why is he always obnoxiously loud?* you look back at the vicar who is waiting for your answer. ,,Fine. I am not one for cold weather, but there is a certain likeness towards it,, you mumble.

,,Ah yes, the cold weather is a negative output on the recent school days, but it should start snowing soon and just in time for the holidays. I hope it will bring a smile to everyone,, he says.

*Hopefully not one as fake as yours* you leave your thoughts to yourself. ,,It was nice seeing vicar Phantom, but I said I'd meet my friends whose practise just ended. So,-/,, he cut you off before you could leave.

,,I actually wanted to talk to you about that,, he said way to enthusiastically. ,,I was positively surprised when I found out that you had joined a club. To be honest I was getting worried for your future. You seemed more to be following than leading,, you keep a blank face as he rambles on.

*He hates that I am friends with his nephew. I mean, what old catholic homophobic vicar wouldn't?* you could giggle at the thought, but don't.

,,What I am trying to say is, I am quite surprised that you chose art. Why not a sport or literature club?,, he asked.

,,I prefer art. I am not the sport type and literature has too many binding rules. Is it a problem that I am in the art club?,, he seemed surprised by your bold question.

,,No, not at all! I just thought you might have some troubles with certain deadlines since you seem to don't like binding rules,, he answered.

That's when you realised *He is the reason I needed this canvas done by today*. You weren't surprised by this enquiry, but still bothered by it. ,,Not at all. I am sure I'll be fine since it is not any different from school work deadlines. I don't know if you know, but I am holding a B average. So, my future is safe as far as I can tell,,.

You do admit that you miss being cheeky towards teachers. Being at this school you don't usually test your boundaries, but it seemed to be refreshing to see the vicar popping a vein. ,,I see. Well, I hope that it will benefit you positively and rub off some old.....tendencies.,,. He starts to walk away, but stops and turns to you ,,Ah yes, and Mr. Blue one more thing. Remember our three-month test is in three weeks. I noticed yesterday that you are still showing some reluctance in trying to be....a better version of yourself,,.

You do admit that you have gotten a bit careless when it comes to your attitude towards this school. Yet you still made sure it wasn't enough for another punishment ,,I believe I was quite...accepting at EC yesterday considering the circumstances we are put in,,.

He smiles ,,I am not just talking about your extracurricular. I've been hearing from some teachers that you are acting out in class,,.

You try to keep a blank face *Not true. He's looking for a reason*.

You continue to listen to what dog toffee he has to say ,,As you are close friends with the student president and your class president I assume your acts will not rub off on him,,.

You could have laughed your head off at this point but still hold back. ,,I promise you vicar Phantom that my supposed tendencies are not rubbing off on your precious nephew. He is actually one of the very few people in this school who help me keep in line so whatever the teachers are telling you cannot be about me,, you tell him.

,,Is there any other male student called Y/n Blue? As for applying that other students are causing trouble is a serious accusation,, he was going to continue, but got cut off by someone else.

,,As is implying someone is causing trouble from just a teacher's word,, you turn to the owner of the voice as your heart jumps a bit. Voltiaere, William and Brandon are all standing in the doorway with their sport bags in hand and hair still damp from probably their shower ,,Now I assume you asked Mr. Blue if what the teachers are saying were true? Which he seems to have no clue about. That means it is one word against the other meaning you'd have to enter the class and just see for yourself that Y/n Blue is just as good a student as any other,,.

You would love to have to see the vicars raging expression, but you were terrified of him noticing your blush *God damn, how did you make this one!?*.

He walks up next to you and you finally turn to the vicar. He is glaring at his nephew ,,Alright, Mr. Blue you are currently under investigation for constant rule breaking and defiance,,. He looks back at Voltiaere ,,If what the teachers are saying is true he won't be the only one getting the cane,,.

Your eyes go wide ,,What!? No-/,,.

,,Very well,, Voltiaere answered cutting you off.

The vicar scoffs before turning and leaving. Once he was gone you turn to Voltiaere hitting him in the chest ,,Why did you do that!?,,.

His eyebrows scrunch a bit ,,I don't think that is how you say thank you,,.

You feel like just one hit wasn't enough. ,,Yes, whatever, thank you. You have to stop doing that though. I don't want you to get in trouble, because of me,, you say genuinely sad that he might get the cane.

He drops his bag and crouches a bit so you are both face to face. You notice he does it a lot ,,I am not going to get in trouble, because I know you don't act up. I trust you, ok?,,. You don't know how to feel about that, but you still not knowing you have no control over it. ,,What is that you got?,, he asked gesturing to the item in your hand.

,,It's actually a gift for you,, you mumble lifting it up so he can take it.

He straightens his posture and inspects the canvas. He chuckles a bit as his smile genuinely appears ,,I hope she gave you an A for this?,,.

You shake your head ,,B actually and only because I used graphite and charcoal instead of paint. Thank you to you both as well,, you say to the two still standing there.

You weren't surprised by the B, but Mrs. Kim was delighted at the scene you created. You used the charcoal and graphite to re-draw the Campfire scene. With the minor help from Brandon and William so it wasn't obvious that it was in front of the school. All the grey and black contrasted against the yellow and red hearts you drew at everyone's chest.

,,Well I think it's perfect. Thank you,, he ruffles your hair and you all happily head for food. You and Voltiaere sticking close to each other and not noticing the amused looks from Brandon and William.