Chapter 22

Y/n's pov.:

'Would Mr. Blue please make his way to the vicar's office. This is his final warning' you heard it through the speaker system, but are still ignoring it. It's now dark outside and you are still in the same spot as before. You didn't dare go back inside, no matter how much the teacher's passive aggressively threatened your existence over the speaker system.

Your eyes hurt, you're cold and another migraine has welcomed itself in your head. ,,I'm guessing since you are hiding here you didn't even want to be found by any of us?,, with head still on your knees you ignore him. ,,Do I have to murder Volt?,, he asked and you shake your head.

*It is my fault anyway* that thought seemed to set you off. You started crying tears you didn't even think you had left.

,,Oh Y/n,, he sat down next to you and pulled you in for a hug. ,,Do you want to talk about it?,, you shake your head and hear him just sigh.

You were grateful he left it at that. *He doesn't know. Would he tell them if he had the chance? Would Brandon hate me?* you tried not to think too much about it and take what you can get right now.

Eventually you are able to calm down. You pull away from Brandon. ,,You feel any better?,, he asked. You didn't answer because you didn't even know yourself. ,,We have to go inside otherwise you'll get sick, but....I know the vicar is waiting for you. He's not happy that you've been missing all day,, he said.

,,I know,, you say with your voice hoarse and dry.

,,C'mon,, he gets up of the ground and helps you back.

Walking back inside the vicar was waiting at the door like expected. ,,Thank you Mr. Thelover for finding him. I will take him to my office now,, he said. Brandon gives you an unsure look, but you just follow the vicar. You both arrive and he sits at his desk ,,Please have a seat. Mr. Blue, as you know you were under investigation for disobedience. Today you showed nothing but by missing all day from class and conversion therapy. Do you have anything to say for yourself?,,. You keep quiet knowing it won't help anyway ,,Well then, as your punishment I will have to cane your hands. You will also have a private conversion for the next week for missing today. You will have your test after the holidays. Do you understand?,, you nod. ,,Good. Now if you would please?,, while he gets out his cane you lay your hands flat out on the desk. ,,Please count to twenty,, which you did.

Every day for two weeks. Getting beat with a cane and an extra dose of therapy wasn't the only thing that was different. The dosage for the therapy was put at its maximum, which knocked you out for the entire Saturday as well. Making you miss the art club. Brandon and you did get closer. Luckily he doesn't know or is very good at hiding what he is thinking. He helped you avoid Voltiaere after school hours and kept you company. As for avoiding Voltiaere during school hours, it wasn't difficult at all. He never appeared in class which started to worry you. *Why should I care though?* you thought, but still couldn't ignore the nagging voice in the back of your head. Sadly you had to start ignoring it on your own. Since in the following week it's Christmas both Brandon and William flew back to their home states to spend it with their families. Brandon insisted on taking you with him, but you refused.

Right now, you're in bed trying to sleep when you hear the door open and close being locked. You try to open your eyes to see who it is, but couldn't focus. Still, you could recognise the white hair from anywhere. Only you were hoping he was wearing colourful gloves. You rub them and can finally see that his hands are actually bruised and bloodied, but holding a plate of food. You sigh at the lost puppy looking guy and get up ,,Sit down and I'll go get the first aid kit,,. You both do as you said in silence. Coming out of the bathroom you see him have placed the plate of food on your desk and is now sitting on your bed. You grab a chair and start to clean and bandage up his hands similar to yours. ,,Done. You can leave now and take the food with you too. I'm not hungry,, you say putting the stuff away.

,,You haven't eaten properly since Brandon left and probably nothing all day,, he says in his usual monotone voice.

You ignore him and put the kit back in the bathroom. ,,Leave Voltiaere. Before you being and locking us in here gives me more problems. We are already matching with our hands. You want me to one you up with a cane to my legs!?,, your voice raises a bit as you start to get angry.

,,Can we please talk about what happened?,, he asked a bit softer with his voice this time.

You're anger disappears in an instance and you stomach drops lightly ,,Just forget I said anything. I'm sure this stupid crush will disappear as soon as the therapy has done its work,,.

His eyebrows scrunch a bit in confusion ,,Stop lying,,.

You scoff at his command. ,,How can you think I am lying?,, you ask.

,,Because...,, he stands up and walks closer to you. ,,...I know two of three things. One, the therapy doesn't actually work. The students just pretend after months of torture...,, he crouches down so you two are face to face. ,,Two, you were planning to leave with your ex-boyfriend. Also probably why you didn't let Brandon take you with him. Oh, and by the way, Jared who came here two days early is now driving back alone with a black eye and I hope a broken rib. I told you not to answer his calls and here he was proud of manipulation and narcissism,, you bite your tongue gutted that Voltiaere found out and destroyed your plans.

*How am I going to leave now?* Jared was the only way you could leave without anyone not even your parents knowing.

He wipes the tears that unbeknownst to you fell on your cheeks ,,Please don't cry darling,,.

But you couldn't stop ,,I....I don't wa...want to be he...here anymore. It's ho...horrible,,.