Chapter 14

A/n: About the panic attack in the last chapter. Everyone is different. First of all, normally you are not supposed to crush a person during a panic attack, they already feel restricted and you don't need to add to that. Secondly, I am using my experiences as example. Unlike the norm, I used to prefer being squished.

Y/n's pov.:

,,Here. Press it against the wound and cool it as long as possible. Otherwise it will turn black,, he takes the ice pack and does as you say.

,,That would be cool though. It'd be like 'look at me and how dangerous I am'. I'd get all the gu- girls!,, you just hum and put the stuff back away.

Brandon flicked his ear ,,You seriously thinking about that right now!? It's more like 'look at me! I got beat up by a ball'!,,.

They start to bicker again and you can only roll your eyes at how playful they are with each other. ,,He is correct though. Getting hit by a ball isn't the manliest thing to brag about,, Voltiaere says entering the room.

*You need to stop* you think as butterflies start to fly around in your stomach.

It doesn't help that he sits on your bed next to you. ,,You are doing it wrong,, he mentions.

,,I know, but this is my organisation so I find everything easier. Especially since I've had to add my epi pen and the other allergy stuff,, you close the small first aid kit and put it in your bag.

You turn to Voltiaere to see him slightly confused ,,You have an allergy?,, he asked.

,,Allergies,, you corrected him and his expression turned to slight concern as he hums.

It's not easy figuring out what Voltiaere is feeling. His expression is mainly blank, but you've figured out with the others help that there are small features showing emotion. The main one for you being his eyes and the way he looks at others. Brandon and William apparently don't see it and say it is mainly in his tone, but you haven't been wrong yet. ,,It's nothing bad. Just peanuts, certain nuts and shellfish. They are actually easy to avoid. I just really need to be careful with Asian food even though I love dumplings,, you internally groan at the fact that you really want dumplings now.

,,Can you die from it?,, he pried.

,,When I got the allergies tested my results said yes, but so far I've only thrown up and not actually gone into shock,, he just hums and that was the subject dropped.

You both turn to see Brandon and William still bickering, but about something else. He stands up and gestures you to follow him. You start walking, but bump into him when he abruptly stops. He looks down at you and looks behind you. You turn and wonder what he means. ,,It's cold outside,, he said quietly.

You jump a little seeing he leaned down to your height. Grabbing the jumper hanging on the chair you put it on. He nods and heads out as you follow him, while the other two are still bickering. You don't know where you're going, so you just follow him. Not until you see the fire pit ready to go in the distance. ,,You actually.....?,,

He stopped and turned to you. ,,I said we would, didn't I?,, you nod. ,,Did you think I actually wouldn't do it?,, nodding again his head show visible confusion. ,,Why?,, he asked.

*Because it's me* you think. ,,It's just......like you said, it's cold outside. Why would you guys sit here for a couple of hours, just because I would like to?,, you try to say without mentioning your first thought.

,,Because it's you,, your heart momentarily stops. ,,You're our friend and we'd do as much as we'd do for each other,, happy he meant that and your ability to breath came back. ,,Stop overthinking and let's get the fire started before it gets too cold,, following him to the pit he starts the fire. The flames started to grow and it gave you a nice warmth to the cold outside.

*Stop overthinking* you remind yourself. Him letting out a laughing breath pulls you out of your thoughts ,,What?,,.

His lips curve up into a smirk and you know he has something that will annoy you ,,This is awfully accurate to that drawing, isn't it?,,.

You whine and push him away ,,Don't remind me of that monstrosity. A two-year-old could draw better,,.

His expression doesn't change ,,Why undermine your abilities? You may not be the next da Vinci, but you still have some talent. Have you ever thought joining the art club?,,.

You scoff at his suggestion. ,,Yeah right. The gay kid joins the art club. Could it get anymore cliché?,, you huff out.

,,Is that the way you see it?,, he asked and you just shrug your shoulders. ,,Well, here is the way I see it. You, a boy who has a curiosity for art, joins the art club to further his skills. The fact that you like boys does not contribute to that decision,,.

You wish you could believe him, a little bit of you does. ,,I can't,, you whisper out.

He took a breath to say something, but was interrupted by a distant ,,There you both are,,. Both of you turn to see William and Brandon walking towards you. ,,You guys started without us?,, William realised more than asked with a pout.

,,Yes, we did. You two looked like you were in a very deep discussion. I thought it would take a while. Guess I was wrong,, Brandon glares at Voltiaere like he could kill him.

,,Watch your mouth. You never know what might fall out if you don't pay attention,, he said.

Voltiaere just shrugs his shoulder and leans back. William and Brandon sit down too and you wonder what just happened. It wasn't the first time a tense situation was shrugged off like that *Voltiaere knows something about those two that they don't want anyone to know*. You decided to never pry since you don't know them as long as they do each other.

,,Think about it,, Voltiaere says and you realise he is talking to you again. ,,I think it will not only benefit you, but it will help you release some tension. That's why we all chose Volleyball,,.

You don't know how to answer him. ,,You picking an extracurricular? Which one?,, you panicked a bit at William's question.

,,You'll know when he chooses it,, he turns back to you. ,,We could care less about what you choose based on how you are and don't worry what others will think. You have the three of us to help you with that. Just think about what you want,,.

You nod grateful for his encouragement *Would art class be fun?*