Chapter 17 Departure

No one's POV

It was the day before the expedition. Which meant it was the last day of training. Sora and Bell and Asuna and Aiz were having their final training. With Bell sparring with Aiz while trying to deflect some magic attacked by Asuna. Sora was watching and trying to give instruction to help them improve. And both Aiz and Asuna were surprise by how much he has improve in just one week.

Aiz(mind): Amazing... He's able to defend himself while deflecting magic from Asuna...

Asuna(mind): And not only that, he's now able to parry properly! He is so different from his parents...

Sora: Bell, lower your feat even more!

Bell: Right!

As soon as Sora said that, Bell lower his feat and managed to dodged an upcoming magic attacked and managed to counter Aiz's attacked.

Sora: Nice work Bell...

Asuna: That's the first time you counter attack, Bell.

Bell: You're right, I did...

Aiz: That concludes our training...

Bell then bowed down to Asuna and Aiz. Their one week had been short. Too short, it seemed, and as Aiz looked back over their 7 days tryst, she felt her heart and mind flood with emotion. Asuna too, were having the time of her life. She was able to hang out with the person she loves, and she was also able to interact with Bell, someone she'd known when he was just a child. And she was able to see the resemblance of their parents...

Asuna(mind): He really does inherit his Mother's kindness.

Bell: Thank you for all you've done this past week.

Aiz(mind): I wasn't able to find out the secret to their growth, however... that's fine for now. This whole week was really fun...

Asuna: No, thank you. It was fun...

Aiz: And thank you too, Sora. I learned a lot this past weeks... I enjoyed it so much...

It had been a path of joy and sorrow, frantic worrying, despondent wallowing, profound thinking and utter happiness that had brought the 4 of them to this point.

Sora: Me too...

Aiz: Well then, do your best... Bell

Asuna: You too, Sora...

Sora: Why, of course... and good luck with your expedition.

Bell: You too, Miss Aiz, Miss Asuna...

As both Sora and Bell left following their own path, both Aiz and Asuna were inhaling a deep breath of all that vast morning blue, she curled her lips into a smile.

Aiz: See you again...

Asuna: They sure do have a huge impact on you, Aiz... I've never seen you this happy before...