Chapter 26 Healthy Day

No one's POV

Back on the eighteenth floor, the Under Resort. The bluish veil of artificial night had been lifted as the glimmer of morning crystal settled down atop the safety point. Its soft glow blanketed everything, from the wetlands in the north to the forest spreading far to the east and south, covering the relay town atop the island in the lake to the west as well.

Within that swath of underground land lay Loki Familia's base camp, erected along the southern tip of the forest. As the inhabitants of the camp began to rise, so did the noise level as they went about their morning duties.

Lefiya: Wh-what's happened, Mister Raul?

Raul: Huh? Oh, Lefiya.

Lefiya frantically made her way toward Raul in the crowd of people at the center of camp. Her long auburn hair was loose instead of in its typical ponytail, evidence that she'd only just gotten up. The young elf had been fast asleep inside her tent until the commotion outside woke her and she rushed out to see what was the matter. Incidentally, the two Amazonian sisters, with their animalistic sensitivity to all things to do with blood and battle, were still fast asleep back in the tent, completely unaware of the alarm gripping their camp. Raul, along with Aki next to him, turned around to face the approaching elf.

Raul: Some adventurers came down from the seventeenth floor. Miss Aiz and Miss Asuna found them passed out by the stairs and saved them...

Aki: Seems like ol' Goliath had his way with them...they're banged up pretty good and still out cold.

The group had formed a circle around the three adventurers in question, who were asleep on the grass as Riveria, Line, and the other healers cared for them, constantly monitoring their conditions.

They were dressed casually in robes with inner linens fashioned from salamander wool, all of them decidedly worse for wear. Aiz herself sat among the healers, her usual stoic expression overcome with worry as she watched them work.

Aki: Seems like one of 'em is from Hephaestus Familia.

Aki mused as she took in the scene before focusing on a corner of the crowd where a cotton- swathe-clad Tsubaki stood together with her small group of poison-afflicted smiths.

Tsubaki: Oh, Welfy...

The half-dwarf high smith murmured, her right eye (the one not covered by its usual eye patch) staring at the scarlet-haired boy. While it was an unwritten rule of the Dungeon that parties were supposed to leave one another well enough alone, given that one of the injured was a member of their allied familia, there was clearly no way Loki Familia could ignore their plight.

And it was a plight. Even as low as they were on resources upon their return from their expedition, Loki Familia wasn't so heartless and narrow- minded as to abandon their fellow adventurers in a time of great need. At Riveria's prompt instruction, the red-haired boy's bandages and armaments were removed and his broken leg splinted, the warm glimmer of healing spells surrounding him.

Raul: Ah, right. And then there's Miss Aiz's and Miss Asuna's friend.

Raul added almost as an afterthought.

Lefiya: Miss Aiz's...? And Miss Asuna's...?

Lefiya's senses tingled at those words.Finally, she took a good, long look at the injured adventurers lying on the grass. She first saw a young pallum girl, followed by the human smith Tsubaki was so worried about, the third is a human girl with brown hair, the fourth is none other than Sora much to her surprise, and lastly, though his face was hidden by the shadow of Aiz's frame, she saw a human boy...