(Death Maze) Chapter 47 Feast of the Dead

N0 one's POV

Alicia: No good! The door's closed...We can't get inside!

The scream of one of the lower-level members echoed off the stone of the hidden passageway outside the maze. This new development was enough to stir the others in the group—Riveria and the rest of Loki Familia, currently stationed outside the main door—into a frenzy. It had already been seven hours since Finn and his team had entered the labyrinth, which, combined with the radio silence beyond the door, was enough to confirm that something had happened.

Loki: They're trapped in there, then...Not entirely unexpected, but what are you thinkin', Riveria?

Riveria: They could be separated by all the orichalcum doors in the world, and Gareth would still be able to break through the adamantite walls if worse came to worst. The fact that he hasn't done so...leads me to believe they've gotten themselves caught in a trap.

Riveria mused, staring into the darkness.

Riveria: It's not like them to miscalculate the ideal time for retreat.

Her jade-colored eyes narrowed sharply as she glanced around at her frightened companions.

Loki: Right. Lemme put it this way, then: If they really have taken a tumble down a pitfall...will they be able to get themselves out?

Riveria: Were this an ordinary maze, I'd say yes without question. However...

She trailed off, stepping toward the nearby wall and giving it a sharp rap with the butt end of her staff to expose the underlying gleam of adamantite. She scooped up a piece of the fallen stone in her hand.

Riveria: Just as I thought

Loki: Whazzat? It mixed with somethin' weird?

Riveria: Indeed. Obsidian soldier matter.

As Loki peeped over curiously, Riveria responded by naming the drop item. Obsidian soldiers were a type of rock monster that appeared on the thirty- seventh floor of the Dungeon. Boasting bodies of magic-repellent rock, they had the ability to severely reduce the effects of any magic spell cast at them. The drop item for these lapidary beasts went for a pretty penny up on the surface and was often used to make superior-grade, magic-resistant shields and armor.

Riveria: I can only assume it's blended into the entirety of the stone face covering the adamantite, making it not only solid but magic-resistant, as well.

She continued before crushing the chunk of anti-magic obsidian between her slender white fingers. Her brows furrowed.

Riveria: Meaning, were I to attack from the outside, I would only cause damage to Daedalus Street and the sewerway. If not even I am capable of breaking in, I can only imagine the labor it would necessitate from the inside... Finn's spear, too, is likely useless.