(Xenos) Chapter 63 Someone Named Fool

No one's POV

Finn was the first one to arrive on the scene.

Finn: !!

He broke into a sprint before anyone else the moment the scream rang out, and the site of the commotion quickly came into view. Dust rose into the air from the demolished corner of a building as the residents of the Labyrinth District struggled to flee. An unsightly monster stood beneath the open sky of the surface.

Finn was slightly startled to see one swordsman standing against the monster, but he didn't waste another second before readying the long spear in his right hand, cocking it behind his back like a loaded ballista. As he leaped across the rooftops, he stepped in with all his might and unleashed the golden spear.

A single line flashed.

The spear accelerated with enough speed to not give the monster any time to react—or the adventurers protecting the residents, for that matter—striking its target deeply without the slightest error. It pierced the monster's raised left hand, knocking the beast back.

 It pierced the monster's raised left hand, knocking the beast back

Wiene: A—aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarghhhhh—?!

Losing out to the momentum behind the Fortia Spear now buried in its hand, the monster crashed into the building behind it. There was a roar and the echoing crash of impact, the deserted house collapsing, the dragon's undulating, long body. The spear smashed into the ground along with the monster's left hand, pinning it down like a live specimen.

Finn(mind): Significant damage to the neighborhood but no casualties.

Finn's top priority was to keep the people as far from the monster as possible. He quickly analyzed the situation as he landed atop a wide roof. Thump! Thump! With Asuna leading the way, Aiz, Bete, Tiona, Tione, Riveria, and Gareth all arrived next to him. The tumult quieted as if the moment was frozen in place, creating a blank moment in time. Finn's eyes narrowed as he scrutinized the half-human, half-dragon monster.

 Finn's eyes narrowed as he scrutinized the half-human, half-dragon monster

Finn: So that's what's been causing all the commotion, I take it?

Loud cheers broke out an instant later.