(Xenos) Chapter 65 Interrogation

No one's POV

Finn: Lord Ikelos, we don't have time to go back and forth here. Just answer our questions.

Finn demanded, face-to-face with the god. The location was a run-down, deserted house. The red sunset was visible through a hole in the wall, lighting the rubble on the floor. It was evening, immediately after the battle with the armed monsters.

The red juggernaut and all the other monsters managed to escape by using clever ploys

The red juggernaut and all the other monsters managed to escape by using clever ploys. Loki Familia was dealing with the cleanup—repairing the destroyed street, keeping watch for monsters, assisting and guiding the residents.

The vouivre had been killed at the hands of adventurers. The ashes from its corpse had been found in a secret underground path. A more detailed investigation was ongoing.

While the familia members were carrying out their duties, Finn had Loki with him as he questioned one of the persons of interest connected to the incident.

Ikelos: You say that, but you guys already know about Knossos, right? That means there's not much for me to talk about.

The god chuckled, which echoed through the dilapidated house. He had navy hair, dark skin, and was wearing mostly black clothes. His face was well proportioned—a clear indicator that he was a god—with an insincere, superficial grin etched onto it. It was the smile of a hedonistic, ephemeral, destructive, stubborn god.

He was Ikelos, the patron god of Ikelos Familia, captured in the dragnet that Finn had asked Gareth to set up.

Loki: When the folks from the Guild get here, they'll arrest ya. Once they do, we can't twist your arm anymore, so cough up what we want now.

Ikelos: Don't glare at me, Loki. And twisting my arm? I'd never have guessed you to act that way.

As Loki glared down at him, Ikelos responded playfully, perched on an uncomfortable-looking piece of rubble. He locked eyes with Finn, who was sitting in an ancient-looking chair in front of him.

 He locked eyes with Finn, who was sitting in an ancient-looking chair in front of him

Finn: Do you have a key to Knossos?

Ikelos: I don't. Come on, I swear. After the thing with Ishtar, the Evils took it when we went outside.