(Xenos) Chapter 64 The Fairy's Rage

No one's POV

Ikelos:—Like I've been telling you, my brats have been catching those monsters.

Gareth narrowed his eyes as a god's confession dissolved into the sky.

Ikelos: They were after money in the black market, but the darn things escaped, as you can see.

Gareth: And you're expectin' me to believe that?

Ikelos: If my word isn't enough, I'll tell you right where to go in the sewers beneath Daedalus Street. You'll see the cages where these monsters were kept.

Ikelos had appeared on the rooftop with Gareth and Fels mere moments ago when the dwarf was distracted by the black bull's entrance. Then, he suddenly began explaining his involvement in the situation.

 Then, he suddenly began explaining his involvement in the situation

Ikelos: So, how about letting Black Cloak here go, eh?

Gareth:......

Ikelos: The poor sap's got nothing to do with my brats. Just got caught up in all this, is all.

Ikelos pointed his finger a few times at the black-robed figure, who was still as a statue, facing away. While he wasn't lying, he was also not telling the truth. After decades of training under Loki, Gareth could see through Ikelos's faint grin and decided to press for an answer to what had been on his mind from the start.

GarethL And why are you tellin' me here and now?

Ikelos: Because I lost...Had to do what the winner wanted.

Right after he said that... The black-robed figure jumped from the rooftop, slipping away during a lull in the conversation. Gareth sighed as he saw his quarry disappear over the edge but made no efforts to pursue.

Gareth:...I'll be askin' fer details later. For now, ye're comin' with me.

Ikelos: Yeah, sure. Just be gentle, okay?

Ignoring Ikelos's words and his grin, Gareth grabbed hold of the deity's collar. As the battle escalated out of the corner of his eye, the dwarf knew that time was of the essence and paid no attention to the screaming god as he bounded through the air.

 As the battle escalated out of the corner of his eye, the dwarf knew that time was of the essence and paid no attention to the screaming god as he bounded through the air