(Xenos) Chapter 66 Radiant

No one's POV

Finn: Every unit must maintain a strict guard while you gather information. The armed monsters will appear in Daedalus Street for sure. Watch out for hidden passages in particular.

It was the fourth morning after the armed monsters had appeared. Finn had deployed almost the entire familia on Daedalus Street. They were based a short distance away from the center of the Labyrinth District, near the spot they had let the black minotaur escape.

Many of the buildings had been destroyed, burned down, or turned to ruins, and a swarm of Guild workers was working on repairs, mingling with Loki Familia members rushing around.

And along the street, there were adventurers from other familias out and about. Everyone was on pins and needles, observing everything and intently gathering information from the residents.

Riveria: I guess it's to be expected, since the other adventurers have noticed there's something in Daedalus Street...

Riveria noted as she walked up.

Finn: Or they were instructed by their gods to come.

Finn responded without looking at her.

Riveria: Is it okay to let them be?

Finn: Yes. They definitely haven't discovered the existence of Knossos. It's fine to ignore them."

Riveria:...And the evacuation of the residents? With all of us gathering here, their tension is mounting.

Finn: If my theory is correct, this area will turn into a battlefield again. Leave the evacuation to the Guild and continue working to de-escalate the situation. It's too inefficient to do otherwise.

Riveria:...

Riveria remained silent. Finn was correct, but his response was rather indifferent. Loki Familia's pretext for deploying in this area was the reconstruction and defense of the Labyrinth District. Their real reason was to steal the Daedalus Orb that was in the possession of the armed monsters.

Finn: After the monsters were seen on the eighteenth floor, they suddenly appeared in Daedalus Street

Finn: After the monsters were seen on the eighteenth floor, they suddenly appeared in Daedalus Street. They crossed through Knossos. It's indisputable. With Ikelos Familia defeated, there's no doubt that the monsters are now in possession of their key. We have to get our hands on it.

Without the key, they couldn't take on Knossos. Finn was doing everything in his power to obtain it. A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity had dropped into their laps. And he wasn't so good-natured that he could let it go. He was mobilizing the familia with the justification that they were working to prevent the destruction of Orario.

Aki: Captain, there have been reports of monsters in the city's sewers to the north and northwest! And that the adventurers who spotted them were all pushed back...What should we do?

Finn: Those are decoys. It's the opposite end of the city from us in Daedalus Street...They're waiting for us to fall for it and move out. Don't worry about it. Alicia, where are the doors located?