(Xenos) Chapter 70 In Between the Chaos

No one's POV

Tione: What was that wind just now?!

Tione was in a fit of rage. She'd been ordered by Finn to scout and raid, following his instructions when the armed monsters appeared in the Labyrinth District's southwest area. She approached the throng of monsters from behind as they marched directly east toward Loki Familia's main base in the central part of Daedalus Street. In hot pursuit, she saw the parade of monsters and commenced attacking them from behind with throwing knives and other projectiles.

 In hot pursuit, she saw the parade of monsters and commenced attacking them from behind with throwing knives and other projectiles

The large group of monsters lost its edge—there was no escaping from a first-tier adventurer. They were just about to be captured. At least if it hadn't been for that divine wind.

Tione: I thought they were hiding and shooting off ice when all of a sudden that weird-ass wind started blowing! Don't screw with me!"

Tiona: Amazing! We flew through the sky, Tione! That must be what birds feel like!

Tione: Shut the hell up!

Tione snapped at her sister's easygoing observation and subconsciously smashed a wall with her fist. There was an invisible defense around the armed monsters. Two of them.

They were invisible with one ability or another, hitting the Amazons with their ice and obstructing their movements. The sisters quickly saw through the invisible enemies and the ice attack without too much difficulty, but they'd been removed from the battlefield by the enemies' hidden trick.

An unbelievable typhoon.

It was unlike anything they'd experienced before, a wind cannon that Aiz's Aerial couldn't even have matched. They'd literally been blown away by it. While they were high up, soaring through the starry night sky, they witnessed the monsters moving farther away, just as the two sisters had managed to catch up with them.

The first-tier adventurers' hot pursuit was reversed at the last minute. Outmaneuvered, Tione roared in a furious voice that shook the sky, frightening the people in the city, who could have taken it to be a monster.

Tione: Looking down on us...!

After they were grandly blown away, they finally landed near the outer edge of the western part of the Labyrinth District. In her rage, Tione had taken the tone of a villain as she punched the wall one more time.

The trick up the enemy's sleeve, her quick temper that caught her off guard, and, more than anything, her inability to fulfill her beloved Finn's order caused her anger to well up. She devoted her remaining patience to thinking about the enemy.

Was this invisibility a skill of the tamer who Finn had mentioned?

If the invisible things were part of Hestia Familia, would that mean it was the effect of a magic blade? The scenes of the siege in the War Game with Apollo Familia were burned into her mind.