Chapter 18 Argonaut and Flash

No one's POV

Light up ahead was leaking its way into the single dim passageway.

Aiz:...!

Asuna: ?!

Aiz and Asuna hastened at the sight, and they practically flew down the path. Plunging into the room, their field of vision expanded instantly, eyes first locking on the minotaur in the middle of the room, and then the boy lying faceup on the ground distance away. The two of them checked the boy if there is still signs of life; relief flooded through them when they confirmed the faint rise and fall of his chest.

Bell:...?

Bell finally noticed their presence as he saw Aiz standing in front of him holding her "Desperate" and Asuna who went to his side to heal his wound.

Asuna: Bell... are you alright?

Bell: Miss Aiz, Miss Asuna?

Aiz: You've done your best. Leave the rest to me.

Finn, Riveria, Tiona, Tione and Bete finally made their way along with an injured Lili on Riveria's arm as they saw the scene unfolding in front of them. Bell who was watching from the back started to feel a sense of deja vu. It was like the first time they'd met. He was being saved again by the same person.

Bell(mind): Am I letting her saved me again?

Bell was in despair. He was letting the same person who he wanted to catch up saved him again. Until he remembered Sora's words in one of their trainings together.

(Flashback)

Sora: It's our choice whether we decided to face that fear and overcome it. That's what makes us stronger. And when you knew that you couldn't stand any longer, we have people right by our side, lending their strength to us. It's about reaching for it and winning it. People who can overcome those scales, can truly gain strength. While the Gods will call it a Hero.

(Present)

Just like Aiz, Sora had been an inspiration for Bell. When he realized that Sora is known to be one of the strongest adventurer in the world, he wanted to catch up to him better than anything. A fire lights within him. The sparks grows into an inferno that purges all other emotions from his mind. The fear in his eyes disappears as the blaze roars through. A new strength, one he's never known, uses the flames to fill his body with power.

Bell(mind): Get up, GET UP! I hate my uncool self! I decided to become stronger! One of the person whom I long for the most is here...! If I don't get up here, If I don't reach for new heights here, WHEN WILL I?!

His body moves forwards. His legs kick off the ground and Asuna who was healing his wound just stare at him in awe. As if she was seeing a second Sora in front of her. She saw it, the fear in his eyes had been lift off as he was about to take his first step of becoming a hero. Bell who had just stood up, saw the Hestia Short Sword on Asuna's arm and he grabbed it without saying a word and moved forward.

Asuna:...

Aiz on the other hand continue to stare off at the Minotaur. She didn't even realized that Bell had stood up as she was to focused by the monster in front of her.

Aiz(mind): There's no way he can get up. Its not an opponent that he can win against. Its not as opponent that he can fight against. And yet, the reason why one is able to hold a sword is- the same black flame as me!

 And yet, the reason why one is able to hold a sword is- the same black flame as me!