(Melen Arc) Chapter 34 Inquiry

No one's POV

The enormous galleon pulled slowly into port. From its anchor shaped like two swords, to its warrior-esque statue adorning the ship's bow, to the towering mast protruding from the ship's hold like a mighty halberd, it was every bit the ship of a tribe of warrior women— and it garnered the attention to match it as the troupe alighted to the land below.

Even the brawny fishermen littering the dock were immediately abuzz with excitement and confusion as the Amazonian women disembarked, led by their young, masked goddess.

Tione: Kali!!

Tione shouted, still clad in her blue swimsuit. With Tiona on her heels, she made a beeline toward the incoming ship that, by chance, had pulled halfway into the city port. The gathering crowd quickly moved aside at the menacing aura radiating off the two sisters. By the time Aiz and the others arrived, back in their normal attire, the air choking the wharf was liable to explode at a moment's notice.

Tione: What are you doing here?!

Kali: We haven't seen each other in years and that's the first thing you say to me?

Kali, countered disenchantedly, indifferent to Tione's rage.

Tione: Answer me!!

Kali: A little sightseeing is all. Problem, Tione?

Kali posed before sending one of her girls to meet the highly flustered city official headed their way. Given they already had the proper port-entry permit, it did seem they'd made prior preparations for the trip.

Tione: That's bullshit...!!

Kali: No, it's undeniable truth. Wanted a change in routine is all. A little stimulation, you know?

Kali's lips curled upward coyly as the crease between Tione's brows deepened. Behind her, Tiona kept quiet, unable to conceal her look of dubiety. Aiz, on the other hand, couldn't seem to keep her eyes off two different women in the group—the two sandy-haired Amazonian warriors next to the goddess, so alike there was no way they weren't sisters.

 Aiz, on the other hand, couldn't seem to keep her eyes off two different women in the group—the two sandy-haired Amazonian warriors next to the goddess, so alike there was no way they weren't sisters

Aiz(mind): They're strong.

The battle-hardened intuition of the Sword Princess told her as much. Both women before her could easily stand shoulder to shoulder with the best of their first-tier adventurers.

Aiz(mind): Level 5s maybe...? No, Level 6s? How can it be possible, for a Familia outside the city?

A thought that, if true, was a little terrifying. She was certain they belonged to a familia outside the city. And while Aiz herself didn't know much about the world outside Orario and the Dungeon, she did know that leveling up outside the Labyrinth City was a difficult task. When taking that into account, these two sisters and the first-tier aura they were giving off seemed even more remarkable.

Aiz couldn't help but wonder just what kind of training they'd undergone that would give them the ability to take out a viola with such ease.

Aiz(mind): And that one...she hasn't taken her eyes off Tione this entire time.