(Melen Arc) Chapter 41 Fight Back

No one's POV

Back in Melen's trade pier district... As Asuna and the rest of Loki Familia squared off against Phryne and her assailants, the ears of the Amazons on guard perked up at the sounds behind them. They'd been stationed there to ensure no civilians made their way out onto the wharf, but the timbre of the earlier city commotion had taken a sudden shift. In fact, the sounds of fear and confusion as people fled had given way to...excited shouts, almost as though they were welcoming someone.

They turned their gazes to the rear, peering suspiciously through the blue shadow of nightfall—only to come face-to-face with an entire army charging straight in their direction.

Amazon 1: What the hell?!

Amazon 2: L-Loki Familia?!

The Trickster flag waved on high as the troops barreled their way into Melen

The Trickster flag waved on high as the troops barreled their way into Melen. Making a beeline toward the pier, the men of Loki Familia stopped for nothing, stampeding straight through the city. In less than an instant, the Amazonian guards were obliterated, completely overwhelmed by the galloping throng of male aggressors and their accompanying deep-bellied battle cry.

Riveria: Finn! You're here!

Finn: Apologies for our late arrival, Riveria. What's the current status?

Finn and Riveria convened atop the roof of a nearby building, Melen's citizens mistaking the group for emissaries from Orario and welcoming them with buoyant cheers.

Riveria: Asuna and the others have been brought to a standstill farther down the road...As for Tione and Tiona...

Riveria began, filling Finn in on the rest of the situation. Finn responded promptly, tossing out orders to Gareth and the rest of the troops following along on the road below.

Finn: Gareth! Take Raul and the others and head toward the western border of the city!

Gareth: The west? The devil's goin' down over there?

Gareth asked in confusion.

Finn: Tiona, Loki, and the others were last seen headed in that direction. Where's Bete?

Gareth: Knowin' him, he's already tearin' things up at the pier!

Finn: Perfect. We'll leave that to him, then!

Riveria: And what of us?

Riveria this time. Finn glanced up at the question, turning his gaze toward the high elf next to him. He tossed her the long silver staff he'd been carrying—her Magna Alfs—and she responded with a nod.

Finn: As for us, we'll—

(Elsewhere)

Phryne: H​r​r​g​g​g​g​r​r​a​a​a​a​a​a​a​a​a​g​h​h​h​h!!

Asuna: Hah!

Silver sword met twin axes in a flurrying whirlwind of strikes. With every incoming barrage, Asuna deftly knocked away the two bludgeons and retaliated with the wild flash of her blade, but no matter the angle of her sword, the fully armored giant of a woman always just barely managed to fend off her onslaught.