(Ulfheoinn Finale) Chapter 60 Myosotis

No one's POV

The heinous "Amazon Hunt" that had rocked the city had finally come to a close. As far as official announcements, the ringleaders who'd hired the assassins were still unknown. In order to avoid any unnecessary chaos, no one aside from Sora Yatagami and Loki Familia were to know it was the remnants of the Evilus who'd been in charge of the attack.

As for the battle that had taken place in the restoration zone of the Pleasure Quarter—and the giant pillar of fire that had been observed all across the city—the Guild had already begun their investigation. Both the Guild and its workers, as well as the whole of Ganesha Familia, were quite rightfully horrified upon discovering not only the corpses of the two dead guards but the scarcely recognizable charred bodies of the assassins around the scene of the attack. Though they fully understood that the perpetrator was a "certain elite member" of a "certain large familia," no word or even allusion to him was ever released. Instead, they were simply forced to concede that the threat to the city was gone and that there was no reason to "step on the beast's tail," as it were, by questioning the measures taken to do so. Even the Guild's upper echelons agreed that this was a matter best passed over. Indeed, aside from the fact that it was going to take a bit longer to rebuild the Pleasure Quarter, the goings-on from that night might very well never have happened, buried beneath the darkness from whence they came.

Upon observing the bodies of the assassins they'd recovered, it was clear there would be no more risk of attack; thus, the Guild released the protective sanctions they'd placed on the former members of Ishtar Familia. And with that, the usual peace returned to Orario, almost as though the rain had simply washed away the night's tragedies. Save one person, who now had to live with one more scar.

Back in the Pleasure Quarter in the city's third district, where the ravages of war still painted the restoration zone... Bete sat alone among the debris in a corner of the ruins, the brilliant sunset staining his features. This was the exact spot where he'd last seen her face. He narrowed his eyes into the fiery sheen of the twilit sun along the western horizon.

Aiz: Mister... Bete...

Asuna: There he is...

Asuna and Aiz murmured as they and Loki watched over him from a short distance away. It had been two days since he'd taken down Valletta, and the wolf had yet to return to Twilight Manor. Asuna had continue to keep an eye on him the whole time. There she told both Aiz and Loki their whereabout. Asuna also told them that Bete had been sitting there for the past two days. And it didn't seem he'd be leaving anytime soon, as he'd yet to move during the few hours since they'd arrived, simply staring off into the ever-changing sky.

 And it didn't seem he'd be leaving anytime soon, as he'd yet to move during the few hours since they'd arrived, simply staring off into the ever-changing sky

Bete looked so small sitting there—quite possibly the quietest Aiz had ever seen him.

Loki: Let 'im have his sunset, yeah?...We go bustin' in there now without a care for his mood an' he'll just turn himself off.