(Xenos Finale) Chapter 76 Reconciliation

No one's POV

Evilus: For our dreeeeeam—!

Another one of Thanatos's followers blew themselves up, shaking the passage with more explosions.

Inside Knossos. The twelfth floor. The three-sided battle among Loki Familia, the Xenos, and the Evilus raged on.

It was a melee in a passage the size of a room in the Dungeon. Under Riveria's command, the elves sang as beads of sweat scattered and they fired off magic. The intelligent monsters desperately pushed their battered bodies, rampaging with the aid of the black-robed mage.

The Evilus' Remnants and the richly colored monsters tried to crush both forces at once. The followers of the God of Death charged with beastly howls as the violas' feelers and the vargs' fangs danced without restraint.

The sheer number of enemies encircling them was more than enough to make the elves, including Alicia, uneasy. A raiding unit that normally used Concurrent Casting to attack with long- distance hit-and-runs couldn't unleash its true strength in a giant free-for-all with no real way to move around. That was what happened when they stripped the Fairy Force of its advantage of high-speed combat.

Taking wounds to her cheeks and arms as she endured the fierce attacks of the Evils, Alicia was struggling to breathe.

Alicia:—! Don't get close to me, you heretical monsters!

Rei: Kuh?!

She swung around, lashing out at the siren that had unintentionally drifted close to her in the shock wave from the explosion

She swung around, lashing out at the siren that had unintentionally drifted close to her in the shock wave from the explosion. The Xenos fell to the ground, its beautiful golden feathers severed.

Alicia: Repulsive! Know some shame! Trying to pass yourself off with the words of people!

Rei:—Gh...!

Alicia: Do not...deceive us!

The siren's face warped in sadness, stung by the high-minded elf's sharp rebuttal.

Loki Familia was attacking the Evilus, of course, and striking back at any Xenos that approached them. The lizardman and troll had no intention of attacking, trying to defend themselves as best they could.

But even as both sides recognized this as the intent of the Evilus, even in this precarious situation, the adventurers refused to join hands with the monsters. It was a profound testament to the relations between monsters and people.

As the God of Death chuckled, watching the scene unfold from his seat beyond the board, he grinned at the predetermined performance he'd arranged.

Riveria: Kuh—?!

Sonia: Lady Riveria?!

Amid a melee that didn't allow time for predictions, Riveria was exposed to the intense suicide attacks conducted by the Evilus' Remnants.