(Xenos) Chapter 73 The Resolution of a Girl

No one's POV

The white hair boy turned pale.

Adventurer 1: Quick, call a healer! Or get a potion—anything you can find!

Adventurer 2: It's awful...

Adventurer 3: How many of us were taken out?!

Properly speaking, it was Bell who was pale—pale from the pandemonium of the adventurers and the sight of the mazelike alleyway dyed red from end to end. His ears quivered as he stared at the bodies of adventurers piled in heaps.

Bell(mind): Which of the separated Xenos did this? Or was it all of them? Even if it was all of them, this is...

Lili and Bell were supposed to join up with the scattered Xenos and, if possible, bring them together with Fels and the other Xenos. If that proved impossible, the last-ditch plan was for them to use the second key—which one of the Xenos had—and find another route to Knossos on their own.

Right now, Bell was in the eastern section of the Labyrinth District, where a sign on the wall written in Koine read 280TH BLOCK.

The call that Lido sent out at the start of the battle had instructed the separated Xenos to meet up in this district. Thanks to his invisibility cloak, Bell had been able to sneak here, but...

Bell(mind): A group of adventurers must have found them...and I guess the Xenos took them all out in self-defense. From the looks of it, the party was quite large, and they probably had no other choice...

Stairways led up and down from the mazelike alley, and a great number of side streets branched off to the left and right. The street and walls were smeared with fresh blood, turning the entire alleyway into a red world. A bloodied Amazon lay slumped against a crumbling wall, her neck broken. A dwarf lay staring blankly up at the sky, his prized hammer and armor pulverized. The bloody calamity had rained down equally on upper- and lower-class adventurers.

Bell: Ugh...?!

Even for Bell, with his second tier Level 3-like status, the brutal picture of deep lacerations, twisted arms and legs, and bones jutting from flesh was a sight terrible enough to drain the blood from his face. Could they really be alive? Bell pressed his hand to her mouth. He was unable to enter that circle of still-groaning adventurers and find out.

Bell(mind): Some of them are members of Loki Familia...I wonder if Sir Finn guessed at the monsters' hiding place and sent out scouts? After all this uproar, the Xenos probably won't be coming back here...

Among the unconscious adventurers, Bell found a few of the fool emblems and gulped. The crushed walls and stone pavers that littered the aftermath of the battle brought to mind the monster that had managed to inflict this much damage. The image was...that crimson-red juggernaut whose fierce howls he had heard before.

Did a monster capable of this much damage really need help?

Bell began to search the alleyway for signs that might lead her to the Xenos. Each time he found an adventurer who was still breathing, he felt both tremendous relief and tremendous unease.

Hestia(oculus): Bell can you hear me?!

Bell: ?

He then heard Hestia's voice ringing. Immediately finding a secure place to hide, he answer her back.

Bell: I hear you Goddess.

Hestia: Hurry up and go help Sora and Wiene! He's currently facing off against that Wallenwhatsit and Asuwhatsit!

Bell: !!...Why?

Bell whispered, his lips trembling uncontrollably.

Bell: Why...?