Chapter 25: Caught Red-Handed

Catherine's point of view:

"Ms. Brooks?!" I stopped kissing Skylar's neck and looked up slowly towards the aisle to see one of my past students, I think her name was Mary Windson, looking shocked at the scene.

"Mary, I can explain" I stuttered, but she just shook her head and proceeded down the aisle. I jumped out of my seat and squeezed past the older woman I was sitting next to, anxious about catching up to Mary.

I caught her right before the bathroom, so I pulled her into the cramped space, me literally standing on the toilet.

"Ms. Brooks, I-I can't keep this a secret, you're a teacher literally kissing one of your past students. Do you know hoe fucking wrong that is, and how upset I am. I mean I don't curse! And I just freaking did!" I could tell she was panicking and that was the last thing that I wanted. So I put my arms on her shoulders, making her look at me.

"Mary, please let me explain okay" She weakly nodded.

"First of all, I am madly in love with Skylar, we're not just fooling around. I'm going to marry her someday, hopefully soon. Even though she graduated, it can still affect the both of us so PLEASE DO NOT say anything that will separate us. I'm desperate here" Tears were starting to form in my eyes at the thought of losing Skylar, my true love and best friend.

"Okay fine, I won't tell anyone, but just so you know Mr. Finnerty asked about the two of you and not knowing anything before I denied it all. And I don't lie"

Thank you Mary, you are truly saving both Skylar and I's future, not only with each other but also in terms of education and the future". I hugged her, which was easy since we were in the bathroom of an airplane.

"Geez don't get all sappy on me, you just have to do something for me in return" Fuck this couldn't be good.

"What" I asked hesitantly.

"I saved your ass once, so now you have to give my younger brother Austin an "A ''in your class next school year. He needs it to graduate" She had this stupid smirk on her face that I wanted to smack off.

"Come on Mary even you know that's illegal for a teacher to do, and I thought I was one of your favorite teachers"

"Isn't sleeping with a student illegal as well"
"Not that it's any of your business but we haven't slept together yet. We're waiting for the right time. We've only kissed and gone out on dates" Her smirk immediately disappeared, followed by a worried look on her face.

"So, before you go around accusing people of things, you'd better get your facts together first. We haven't slept together, and while it might be illegal technically, you should have some dignity left in you to not tell people, since we're not just fooling around. I love Skylar with all of my damn heart and I will marry her one day. Goodbye" I tried to squeeze past her when she grabbed my hand.

"W-wait, p-please" she started whimpering like a puppy.

" I-I didn't know, please I won't say anything" I nodded and wiped a tear away from her face.

"Now I believe you" and with that I walked out of the bathroom and to my seat.

The rest of the plane ride was peaceful. I explained everything that happened in the bathroom to Skylar, who took it better than I thought she would. By the time we landed we were happily holding hands as we walked out of the airport. Sadly her parents wanted to see their daughter so I had to kiss her goodnight before driving alone back to my own place. Right before I fell asleep I was thinking about asking her to move in with me, and how much fun we'd have together. At least until she went away to college..