Chapter 42: Bachelorette(s) Parties

Catherine's point of view:

I couldn't believe that Skylar and I were getting married next week! I was so excited to make her my wife and the three of us (including Thalia) to all be a family.

It was currently around 5, and both Skylar and I were getting ready for our combined bachelorette party. Skylar's family and friends put it all together, deciding to be at the park where we got engaged the first time apparently. I wish I remembered that, I bet it was amazing.

Since Thalia and I had moved to the town only a few months before the accident, I didn't have much time to make sturdy friendships, so I was tagging along with Skylar's friends and both our families. I felt a bit bad, but after explaining it to her, Skylar did nothing but comfort and assure me that she was fine with it. Speaking of Skylar, I turned to look at her when I heard her footsteps enter our master bedroom. My breath hitched as I saw her. She was wearing a lavender flowy dress that went to her ankles, her hair half up and half down, and light makeup on. I was amazed that someone as perfect and amazing as she was would want to be with someone like me.

"Pick up your jaw Catherine, or else you'll catch a fly" I was brought back and noticed that my mouth was indeed open, but could you really blame me?

After I closed my mouth, the both of us proceeded to lust over one another's look. I was wearing a black suit, with a red tie and my hair down. I'd decided to wear only foundation and mascara, trying to get a more natural look. We decided that we wanted Thalia to be a part of the party, instead of being left with a sitter. She was dressed in a pink and green romper, her hair in a ponytail. She was dressed like a little watermelon, complete with gladiator sandals.

Soon the three of us piled into the Range Rover, listening to the Disney soundtrack. It was a good thing there were so many songs on it, so we were not hearing the same 10 songs over and over again.

Skylar's friends Alex and Rachel worked together with others to book the gazebo and surrounding field. When we arrived, people were crowded around the fairy lit gazebo and talking amongst themselves. Light music was playing and a movie screen and blankets were set up on the grass. This looked perfect. I let Thalia out of her car seat and then she proceeded to run and see her grandparents. Skylar and I then held hands and walked over to where our friends and family were. When we got closer, people started clapping and congratulating us. It was as if we were walking down the aisle after getting married moments earlier. Catherine had invited some of her fellow teachers, Ms. Pearson, Mrs. Jackson, and Mr. Yeller (he's gay don't worry). She pecked my cheek and went to join them. I was then approached by Alex and Rachel, both with plates filled with junk food.

After hanging out with Rachel and Alex some more, I learned that Rachel has a crush on Ms. Pearson, aka Chelsea. Catherine was on the other side of the gazebo with her friends, and looked like she was enjoying herself so I didn't want to interrupt them. Rachel was the opposite. Alex, well, was just hungry. I'd just stuffed a pig in a blanket in my mouth when someone held my hand. I was about to slap it away until I saw it was Catherine, a grin plastered on her beautiful face.

"Skylar, Alex, Rachel, I wanted to re-introduce you guys to my friends. Ms. Pearson, Mr. Yeller, and Mrs. Jackson" she pointed to each.

The three then insisted that we call them Sarah (Mrs. Jackson), Chelsea (Ms. Pearson), and Seth (Mr. Yeller). Rachel stood next to me, and was red as a tomato. She was lucky that it was dark out and others couldn't see her face. We were all talking about the wedding, and surprisingly there wasn't much tension between the three of us being former students and the others being teachers.

"I'm going to go get a drink, can I get anyone anything?" asked Rachel, pointing her fingers around.

"I'll go with you" Chelsea says, smiling and motioning for Rachel to take the lead. Rachel just mouthed Oh my f*cking god to me before walking away, Ms. Pearson on her tail.