Chapter 38: Camping Part 2

Catherine's point of view:

"Marry me, Skylar," I said. I was holding her in my arms, and after this morning as well as the past few months confirmed everything I've felt for her. I was madly in love with Skylar, I knew that for sure.

Skylar tensed up and turned around. Even in the dark I could feel her eyes on me.

"W-what did you say Catherine?" she stuttered, bringing more joy to my heart.

"Wait one second" I turned on my phone, bringing up Billy Joel's Vienna and playing it. I got down on one knee, singing the words.

"Skylar, I am in love with you. You've been so patient and loving to me and taught me how to love and be me again, and I can't thank you enough. You've become my best friend, and second mother to Thalia. I want to spend my life with you and travel, live happily and healthily, and raise Thalia together. I wasn't planning on proposing tonight, because I don't have a ring to give you, but I promise to get you one, or something else special, because you are worth it a million percent. So, Skylar Thompson, will you make me the happiest person in the universe and become my wife?"

She nodded, tearing up. I couldn't see the tears but I heard her sniffling before she leaned forward uniting our lips in a sweet and passionate kiss.

"Fuck yes baby, I don't care about the ring I just want to be with you" she hugged me tightly. I had laid Thalia on a nearby rock, putting my jacket down as a blanket. I knew she was okay so I turned my attention back to my finance. God I loved saying that.

"I can't believe you actually proposed, I'm still in shock" I laughed and hugged her again, enjoying the moment.

We stayed hugging for a while, looking into one another's eyes as well as the starry night. A little while later we decided to head back, this time I carried a sleeping Thalia. When we arrived at our site we got changed in the tent before falling asleep as one happy family.

Catherine's point of view:

The next morning I woke up all warm and cozy. I looked next to me to see a snuggled up Skylar and Thalia. They looked so warm and snuggly that I couldn't help but take a picture with my phone. I decided to surprise them with breakfast, also known as instant oatmeal and bottled juice. I was in the middle of pouring the hot water to the oatmeal when two arms wrapped around my waist, a head placed on my shoulders.

"Morning baby" Skylar kissed my neck, causing me to take a deep breath/moan. She knew how to push my buttons in a good way and we hadn't even fully made love yet.

"Morning Sweetie" I turned around in her arms, but apparently my buddy was more awake than I thought since Skylar gasped slightly and then smirked at me.

"Shit, sorry" I immediately went to cover myself with my arms, embarrassed at my body's reaction to her.

"Hey, hey, it's okay Catherine, I don't mind. It's completely natural and I'd guess that you can't really control it". I nodded shyly, hugging her close and tucking my head into the crook of her neck. I guess my buddy hadn't went all the way down yet since our bodies were pressed together and I could feel her thigh rubbing against it.

"You know, I'm really excited for tonight. Not just a chance to spend time with you alone, but also possibly revisit the physical aspect of our relationship" she nipped at my ear, pressing her body impossibly closer against mine.

She was referring to the swimming hole we were going to, alone. It was when Thalia would be supervised so we'd get actual alone time, a rare occurrence nowadays.

"Me too baby, me too" I snuggled into her neck.

After breakfast we decided to go up to the main lodge to hang out with other families. Thalia was shy at first but then she met Jacob, who was a year older and soon they were acting like the best of friends. While Thalia and Jacob were playing, Skylar and I sat with Jacob's parents and drank coffee.