Chapter 43: Women in White

Skylar's Point of View:

6 Days Later:

After months of planning, the day I would marry my best friend and love of my life was here. The night before, our parents had to literally tear us apart. We didn't believe in not sleeping next to one another before the wedding, but they thought otherwise. Right now it was around 9:45 am, and I had just gotten out of the shower. My mom, Catherine's mom, Amanda, Alex, Rachel, and my Aunt Ruth were all in the small, blue room. If you're asking, hotel room? Well, Catherine and I decided to get married to get married up in the mountains, at the private beach Catherine's family had right in front of the lake house. After our bachelorette parties, the next day we sat down and talked. Nothing bad, but we both admitted that it would be truly a dream if we got married there, instead of a church or more public area closer to home. So, four days ago, we packed up our cars, and drove up to lake Buel. When we asked our parents for permission, they were thrilled. Catherine was worried that they'd be upset, but they were literally the opposite. And after the wedding, they'd stay up here instead of traveling back for a week and then coming back. As long as we got some space by ourselves, I truly didn't mind that my new family would be a mile away from us on our honeymoon. Especially when we had our own house to ourselves :)

I was currently sitting down in the giant chair, while getting my hair and makeup done. I remember when we were younger, Amanda and I used to fight about who could sit in this very chair, since it was so big and cozy. Hard to believe this is where we are now.

Catherine decided that she was going to wear a suit, instead of a dress or pantsuit. I didn't really care what she wore, she'd be breathtakingly beautiful no-matter what she wore. Myself, on the other end, am wearing a white, floor length dress. I got the dress before we decided we were having the wedding at the beach, but I didn't really care. Hopefully I'd only wear this dress once in my life.

"Skylar, honey, your breakfast is here" I looked up out of my daydream, seeing my aunt with a try of what looked like fresh fruit, eggs and bacon. One of my all time favorite breakfasts. I thanked my aunt, and took the food, trying to eat while letting my mom and Rachel do my hair and makeup. I knew that I didn't want to look too fancy, just something that was in my comfort zone. Catherine wasn't one for makeup either, not that she needed it at all.

The ceremony was happening at 12:30, and preparations were already underway at the private beach. Despite being near the water, we decided to cater Italian food, since it was both our favorite cuisines. I've heard from other couples that they didn't get much time to eat at their reception, but I hope that wasn't the case. I was really looking forward to the lasagna and garlic bread.

For the rest of the morning, I was confined in the little blue room, talking to the family members that came in and out, and then looking out the window at the lake. At one point I was dialing Catherine's number, just to hear from her, when my mom came in and took my phone. Last time I checked (ok I never actually checked), I was allowed to speak on the phone with my fiance, who was on the other side of the house.

It was nearing noon, and my mom and others were helping me in my dress, while finishing up the final details. Since I had pretty short hair, we kept it down and slightly curled. My makeup was natural colors, and just consisted of mascara, light pink lipstick, painted finger and toe nails, as well a bit of blush. Instead of hiring a professional, Rachel did my makeup for free. We were kind of opposites from one another, her being a girly girl and me being a tomboy. Yet, we were best friends.

A knock on the door got my attention. When I looked up, my dad came in, wearing a black, three piece suit. His hair was combed back, and he had his church shoes (the nicest shoes he owned) on.