Chapter 2: Awkwardness

Jean woke up to the sound of something breaking. Her eyes slowly opened, and she realised it was morning! She quickly sat up and saw Diluc wearing his coat. Jean's face turned bright red. Diluc glanced at Jean and said with a small smile:

- Your awake.

Jean nodded slightly and covered her face with her palms. 'Jean! How could you sleep with Diluc?!' Jean screamed at herself in her head. Diluc seemed to notice Jean's embarrassment and went over to her.

- Jean, are you alright?

He asked. Jean's face turned even redder. Diluc grabbed her arm gently and slowly removed them from hiding her face. She then saw a bruise on Diluc's arm... Jean quickly snapped out of her embarrassment and got into her 'serious mode'.

- Sir! Why do you have a bruise?!

Jean shouted in worry mixed with anger. Diluc sighed and told Jean it was nothing big. Jean gave him an angry look and bandaged Diluc's bruised arm. After she was done, she calmed down and got changed (she's embarrassed again). Diluc went to work with her that day, claiming that he needs to 'talk' to Kaeya about something. Jean and Diluc entered the Knights of Favonius' headquarters and they said goodbye to each other. Jean couldn't focus on that day. She kept thinking about the fact that she and Diluc shared their first night together. And she kept blaming herself for falling asleep instead of working on her files. Diluc didn't concentrate any better than Jean did either. Even though he acts calm, he can't stop thinking about Jean and how embarrassed he is on the inside. It's quite incredible how good he hides it. After the 'incident', Jean and Diluc didn't really talk to each other for a week now. Klee liked Diluc a lot, and Diluc also likes Klee a lot. But now Diluc doesn't make any contact with Klee either. Poor Klee. Although they don't communicate, Diluc still sends Jean food for her to eat. She's a workaholic after all- A week and a half has passed now. And the two still refuses to communicate. One day, when Jean was filling out some papers, Lisa knocked on her door.

- Come in!

Jean said, half expecting Diluc. When Lisa entered, she felt a tinge of disappointment. Lisa noticed right away and smirked.

- So... I feel disappointment in the air~

Jean jumped. Her face went red as a tomato. Lisa smiled and leaned on Jean's desk.

- What happened? 

Lisa said with a 'tell me now' tone. Jean couldn't resist telling Lisa what had happened. Lisa listened  to the whole story in awe. After Jean finished, Lisa smirked widely. She said that she was going to get Jean and Diluc together. Jean was speechless. At 7 PM, Diluc would usually deliver food to her, so Jean decided she was going to talk with Diluc when he delivers her food. Jean waited and waited until 7 PM. She heard the same knock on her door, and then she ran the door and opened it. She saw Diluc walking away.

- Sir!

Jean called out. Diluc glanced at her, but then continued walking. Jean ran over to him and grabbed his shoulder. Diluc turned around and said calmly:

- Do you need anything, Jean?

Jean didn't reply. She looked deep into his bright red eyes, and then said:

- Is there a reason you have been ignoring me...?

Diluc sighed. He took Jean's hands, and kissed her. Jean's eyes widened in shock. When Diluc parted, Jean was as still as a statue. Diluc gave her a warm smile and stroked her cheek. Then he walked away.