Chapter 4: Jealousy

Jean couldn't resist crying when she went back to her office. But this time there was no one to comfort her. Jean sobbed uncontrollably while she was also trying to be quiet so no one could hear her. 'No, stop crying Jean. Why did you think Diluc would ever have feelings for you? The kiss yesterday probably was just an accident. But why am I feeling heartbroken? I should've known that Diluc wouldn't love me... He hates The Knights remember, Jean?' Jean tried to comfort herself, but that didn't work at all. Jean sobbed for 5 minutes straight, until she accidentally let out a loud sniff and someone heard it. She could hear a knock on her door.

- Jean? Jean! Are you alright?

It was Lumine... Jean didn't want anyone to see her in this state. Especially not Lumine or Diluc. They would think she was a brat. Jean quickly wiped her tears away and opened the door. 

- Jean! Are you alright?

Lumine cried, grabbing Jean's shoulders and hugging her. 'So this is why Diluc loves Lumine...' Jean thought to herself as Lumine hugged her tightly. 'She's caring... and pretty... unlike me...' Jean sighed. Lumine then let go of Jean, and demanded to know what Jean was sniffing about earlier. Jean shook her head and said that she didn't need to worry about it. But Lumine wouldn't stop bugging her until she did tell. Jean had to make up a lie. 

- O-oh u-umm.. I just... hurt my feet.

Lumine looked at Jean, unconvinced. But then Lumine left her alone. Jean let out a sigh of relief and started working. It was 7 PM now. And Jean expected Diluc to bring her some food any minute now... 5 minutes passed, no knock... 20 minutes passed, no knock... 30 minutes has passed now... And there was still no knock. Jean opened her door to see if there was anything there because maybe Diluc just forgot to knock. No... there weren't any food... Jean sighed sadly. I guess I won't have dinner today... Not that Jean can't buy food, she just needs someone to help her with food because she is always working. Especially in this time. Jean has been overworking herself to try and get her mind off Diluc and Lumine. After a few days with no dinner, Jean became so hungry, she fainted in her office. 

Jean woke up at her house. And saw Diluc again, sitting by her side and reading a book. Jean flushed red from top to toe. 

- S-S-sir?

Jean stuttered. Diluc looked at Jean and said:

- Don't call me sir, Jean. I don't like when you call me sir.

Jean nodded and looked at the ceiling. 'Why is Diluc here?!' Jean asked herself. Jean looked at Diluc again and asked:

- Si- I mean Diluc, why are you here?

- Oh, you don't enjoy my company? I'll leave now then.

Jean grabbed Diluc's arm before he could stand up, signaling she wants him to stay. Diluc sat back down. 

- You fainted yesterday... Why?

Jean was speechless. She didn't want to say that she was too hungry because Diluc didn't bring food to her! She lied to Lumine... Now she also has to lie to Diluc... But before she could say anything, Diluc said:

- Was it because I didn't give you food?

Jean couldn't let out a word. Diluc looked at her and kissed her forehead. Jean blushed. Diluc saw her red face, and smiled warmly at her. Jean blushed even harder. 

- Jean... I know you cried a few days earlier.

Jean buried herself in the blanket. Diluc lay down and wrapped his arms around her waist.

- Tell me the reason, Jean.

Diluc whispered in her ear. Jean couldn't help but burst into tears. Diluc hugged Jean and tried to comfort her. Jean then told him everything, not caring if Diluc would be mad at her or not, and not caring that she was sobbing so hard. After she was done, Diluc sighed and kissed her again. This time it was a long kiss. Diluc's hand was stroking Jean's hair, as he delicately kissed Jean. After 3 minutes, they parted, and there was still saliva connecting the two. 

- I love you, Jean. Nothing can change that.