Chapter 21: Apology

After they arrived at the Dawn Winery, Diluc helped Jean up and gave her a piggyback to the bedroom. 

- Get some rest.

Jean sighed and then suddenly pulled Diluc down on the bed. She snuggled into him, then closed her eyes. She could then feel Diluc hugging her back, and she could also sense that he was drifting into sleep. She looked at him, then suddenly spotted a small scar on his face.

- Diluc! Wake up!

Diluc opened his eyes and groaned in laziness. 

- What fight did you get yourself into?!

- It doesn't matter, Jean. It's just a small scar if you are referring to the scar on my face.

- It does matter! 

Jean sat up. Diluc then reached out a hand and gripped her waist. Then suddenly pulling her back down on the bed. 

- Diluc! This is not the time!

Jean assumed that Diluc wasn't listening to her. She sighed, but then rested. When she woke up, she saw that Diluc was gone. 

Diluc approached the Knights of Favonius Headquarters. He had to apologize to Kaeya. He knocked on the door, and Lisa opened it. When she saw Diluc, she immediately slammed the door.

- Wait Lisa! I'm here to apologize to Kaeya!

- And how do I know that you are really here to apologize?

Diluc couldn't answer. Then an idea popped up in his head. Maybe he could bring Jean along and perhaps Lisa will allow Diluc in. Diluc walked back to the Dawn Winery, and then approached Jean.

- Jean? Could you come with me to the Knight's headquarters please?

- Haha, since when do you want to go to the headquarters?

Jean asked, folding her arms. 

- Well... I have to say sorry to Kaeya about something. And I need your help to let me enter the headquarters.

Diluc replied. Jean cocked her head.

- What do you mean to help you enter the headquarters?

- I'll explain later.

Diluc gave Jean a kiss and then said:

- Please?

- Fine.

Diluc smiled and grabbed Jean's hand. He pulled her to the headquarters and knocked on the door once more. Lisa opened it again. 

- No. Oh wait, hi darling! Where have you been?

Lisa turned to Jean. Jean explained that Diluc really just wants to say sorry to Kaeya about...something, and she wants Lisa to at least give him a chance. Lisa hesitated, but then finally allowed Diluc inside. Diluc noticed Kaeya, and headed for him.

- Oh. So the little bastard is allowed in the headquarters now, huh?

Kaeya said with a tinge of furiousness in his voice. Diluc took a deep breath, and then said calmly:

- Kaeya, I am sorry for what had happened. I hope you forgive me.

Kaeya looked at Diluc in disbelief.

- You really think after what you have done to me all you need to do is say 'sorry'?

Kaeya scoffed.

- I don't even know what I did to you!

Diluc sighed, then explained everything to Kaeya. After he finished telling the story, Kaeya looked...happier. 

- Hm. So that's why. Alright then. I accept your apology. But, you have to give me free drinks for a week.

Kaeya smirked. Diluc let out an angry sigh, but then said:

- Fine.

Kaeya laughed and then walked away. Then he could see Lisa trying to catch up with Kaeya. Diluc assumed that Lisa wanted to know why Diluc did what he did.

- So... what was that all about?

Diluc turned around. It was Jean. 

- Nothing.

- Diluc, you know I will find out sooner or later. So it's best if you just tell me now.

Diluc nodded. And then started telling the story all over again. 

- W-what? The Abyss is already here...?

Diluc didn't reply. 

- No...no! The Abyss are already here...and I did nothing!

Jean backed up against the wall, and then slowly glided down. She curled up into a ball and started sniffing. 

- Jean. It's not your fault. You got poisoned! How were you supposed to know?

- I...I...

Diluc sighed and then picked up Jean.

- Diluc!

He shut her up with a kiss. He then carried her back to the Dawn Winery, which was now her home.