Chapter 9: Sickness

Jean woke up on Diluc's bed. She scanned her surroundings, and saw Diluc closing his eyes, lying next to her. Jean poked Diluc's arm, and it startled him

- Oh! I'm sorry!

Jean said, snickering when Diluc sat up like a shrimp. Diluc sighed and then smiled at Jean. He dived down to her and gave her a long kiss.

- Before you ask, I'm all right, Diluc.

Diluc didn't reply. He then touched her forehead, and his eyes windened.

- Jean... You're sick...

Jean touched her own forehead. It felt hot. She was sick. Then, she realized something.

- Why did you kiss me you jerk! I don't want you to get sick!

Jean screamed. Diluc then leaned to Jean and kissed her again. Jean pushed him away and shouted:

- Diluc! Did you not hear what I said?! Don't kiss me! I don't want to spread my sickness to you!

Diluc chuckled and said, calmly:

- It doesn't matter if I get sick or not. What matters is that we are together.

Jean's face flushed red. She turned her head away, making a 'hmph' sound. Diluc then asked:

- Do you want some sou-

- No no. I can't let you destroy the kitchen again.

Jean said, interrupting Diluc. Diluc laughed and told her he was going to buy some from Good Hunter's. Not make it. Jean blushed with embarrasment and rolled to the other side of the bed. Diluc kissed her forehead and then went out to get some soup. Right after Diluc left the house, Jean had already fallen asleep. When Diluc came home, he saw Jean was sleeping, so he put the soup on the bedside, and lay next to her. After 30 minutes, Jean finally woke up, and she smelled soup. She felt hungry immediately. She crawled to the bedside (she had to climb over sleeping Diluc) and sat up. She took the bowl of soup, and started to eat. When she was done, she tried to stand up to go to the bathroom and wash her mouth, but then she felt incredible pain in her thigh. Jean groaned loudly, and fell down on the floor. Diluc was woken up by her groan, and quickly helped Jean back up on the bed.

- Jean! What's wrong?!

Diluc asked, worried. Jean was breathing heavily from the pain.

- Well... I got stabbed in the thigh when Donna kidnapped me...

- WHAT?! WHY DID YOU NOT TELL ME?!

Diluc shouted. He quickly check Jean's thigh, to see it bleeding intensely.

- HOW DID I NOT NOTICE THIS?!

Diluc carried Jean into the bathroom, and searched for some bandage tape (I don't know what it is called so please don't mind me-) After he found some, he wrapped it around Jean's bleeding thigh. Jean had never seen Diluc so worried. But she couldn't focus on anything right now, the pain was getting more intense as the bandage tape gripped her wound tightly.

- Diluc...you're making it too tight!

Jean said, trying to control her breathing. Diluc looked at Jean, and did it more softly. But it barely made any difference. When he was finally done, Diluc carried her back to the bed, and layed her down. He sighed deeply and layed down next to her. The two lay there for quite some time, before Diluc and Jean heard the doorbell ring.

- Ding dong!

It sounded. Diluc told Jean to stay in bed, while he gets the door. Jean agreed, since if she tried to stand up again, she would have to relive the traumatizing pain. Diluc opened the door to see Klee, who was crying.

- Klee! Why are you crying?

Diluc comforted her. Klee sinffed and said through sobs:

- I-Is M-master J-Jean o-ok?

Diluc smiled and nodded.

- Do you want to see her?

Klee hugged Diluc, which seemed like a yes. Diluc took Klee to the bedroom, and the moment Klee saw Jean, Klee ran straight to her and hugged Jean tightly.

- Master Jean! Are you okay?

Klee asked, crying again. Jean smiled warmly and said:

- Yes. I'm fine, Klee.

Klee hugged Jean again, and said:

- I'm sorry for blowing up the fish again... I won't do it again! I promise!

Jean's eyes widened.

- You did what again?!

Klee sniffed and whispered, regretting what she had said:

- I blew up the fish again...

Jean snapped. She sent Klee to solitary confinement, even though she couldn't walk. Klee pouted, and exited the mansion. Diluc sat next to Jean, leaning his head on hers.

- I'm sorry for shouting at you earlier.

He muttered. Jean chuckled and snuggled into him.

- It's alright. I should've told you eveything if I knew you were that worried...

The two snuggled together until Diluc said he needed to go to work.

- Work...? I thought Charles has handling it.

Jean asked, feeling sad that he had to go. Diluc caressed her cheek and said:

- I'm sorry. I really need to go. Charles isn't quite holding up well in the tavern.

- Do you really have to go-?

- Yes, love.

Jean blushed, hard.

- D-did you just c-call me love?

Diluc smiled and said:

- Yes, did you not hear it, love?

Jean's face turned as red as Diluc's hair. 'Why is he calling me love all of a sudden?! He never called me that before! It's not that I don't like it though...' Jean thought to herself.