Book 2 - Chapter 7: Wedding Part 1

Jean woke up with a horrible pain in her foot. She glanced down, and saw that it was alright, but somehow she could feel the pain. At first it was actually much worse than this, but since she used her Anemo vision to heal, it looked fine. But it didn't make the pain go away. She learned her lesson not to try and get up this time. She stayed in bed and stared at the ceiling. That was until Diluc walked in the room. 

- Oh hi, Diluc!

Jean smiled. Diluc turned to Jean and held her hand.

- How did your leg heal so fast?

- Healing. It only healed the scar though, not the bruise itself.

Diluc kissed her on the forehead and laid down next to her.

- Are you sure you're alright?

Jean nodded and hugged Diluc's arm. She closed her eyes, and drifted off once again. 

- Jean, wake up. I have a surprise for you.

Diluc nudged. Jean groaned in sleepiness and opened her eyes.

- What is it...?

Jean muttered, half-asleep. Diluc held her hand and gently pulled her out of bed. Diluc then swiftly scooped Jean up onto his arms.

- Hey!

Jean asked, startled. He carried her downstairs, where a beautiful dress was lying on the couch. Jean's eyes widened at they got closer. It was so wonderful. It had multiple layers piling on top of each other, a corset that was laced around the shoulders and arms. It was decorated with expensive white gems, and best of all, dandelions. 

- Why does this look familiar..?

Jean muttered. Doesn't mean she dislikes it. Diluc chuckled and said:

- It's your dress from Sumeru ball! I bought another one but better. Since the one you wore was destroyed.

Jean stared at Diluc.

- What is this for?

- Our wedding, of course.

Jean felt her face turn crimson. 

- What- do you not like it...? I can change it for you...

Diluc then said, sounding disappointed. 

- NO! I mean, why would you think that? I love this dress!

Jean exclaimed. Diluc then kissed her. 

- Then I suppose the only reason your face was turning red was about the thought of out magnificent wedding?

Diluc said teasingly. Jean stammered with her words, but got cut out with Diluc kissing her. 

- So then...when is our wedding?

Jean finally said.

- Today.

Jean fell out of Diluc's arms.

- WHAT?! But we haven't even decided anything!

Diluc shrugged and helped her up.

- We already kind of did. The wedding is dandelion themed for my beautiful dandelion wife.