Chapter 17: Back to Monstadt

Diluc and Jean walked back to Beidou, assuming that Liyue is now safe. 

- So, did you tell Lady Ningguang?

Beidou asked. Jean nodded, and thought about the other regions that are going to be attacked. 'Hmm... well... I do not know any other regions other than Sumeru, Liyue, Inazuma, and Shneznaya...' Jean prayed inside her head that ask the regions will be alright. But right now, she had to go back to Monstadt. She has been gone for so long. Jean asked if Beidou could sail them to Monstadt. Beidou you thought about it for a moment, then agreed. 

- As long as you have warned Lady Ningguang. Let's go.

Beidou then headed for the ship. Diluc and Jean tagged along. Suddenly, Jean felt someone gripping her hand. She looked at Diluc and gave him a peck on the cheek. Diluc blushed. The two boarded the ship, and they set sail back to Monstadt. After 2 days of traveling, they finally arrived back home. Jean was extremely worried. Mostly because of how many requests, files, and papers she will get when she returns. Diluc didn't think much. He would just go back to the tavern like nothing happened. Jean and Diluc thanked Beidou, and they walked back to Monstadt. 

- Well...I have some work to get back to now. Bye, Diluc.

Jean said, then kissing him. Diluc nodded, and Jean ran back to the Knights of Favonius Headquarters. Jean entered her office to see Lisa and Kaeya sitting on her table, reviewing some papers.

- Darling! You're back! How was your trip with Diluc~?

Jean blushed red. But Jean shook that off and asked:

- Are there any new papers? I probably missed so much.

- Don't worry, Jean. Lisa and I took care of it all for you. Anything for my brother and the Acting Grand Master.

- Stop teasing me!

Jean said in a high-pitched voice. Lisa and Kaeya burst into laughter, and with the sight of them laughing, Jean snickered a bit too. She had missed this.

Diluc wasted no time going back to the tavern and started to serve costumers once more. But then, someone ruined his mood (it was happy btw). 

- Ah. Venti. You're my first costumer.

Venti, the bard, laughed and said:

- One glass of red wine please!

Diluc mumbled something under his breath, but then gave Venti a glass of wine. Suddenly, he saw Jean, Kaeya and Lisa entering the tavern. They were laughing and talking.

- Jean! I thought you had work to do.

Diluc asked as Jean sat down. 

- Well, turns out Lisa and Kaeya already finished all of it for me.

Diluc glanced at Kaeya viciously. Kaeya just chuckled at the sight of Diluc. 

- Do you want anything, Jean?

- Hmm... maybe I'll just have some Dandelion wine. 

Diluc was about to leave and make Jean's drink when he heard someone say:

- Hey! Take our orders too!

It was Kaeya. He grumbled but then took Kaeya's and Lisa's orders. Lisa ordered another Dandelion Wine, and Kaeya ordered a 'Death After Noon'. Diluc then finally went to make the drinks.

Jean was happy and not stressed for the first time. She had Diluc, Lisa, and Kaeya. Nothing could go wrong. Or so she thought. Monstadt was next on the Abyss attack list. Lumine and her brother are very fast. Now, they are currently approaching Monstadt. And no one is aware of that.