Chapter 23: Hu Tao

hello there! sorry I didn't update in the weekends. well I am not really free to write stories in the weekends that much but yea. this chapter is dedicated to Hu Tao (because I literally am obsessed with her)

Jean split the people into groups to stay in the dorms at the headquarters. The Liyue Qixing were paired together. Sadly, the Raiden Shogun had to paired with Venti (Raiden was not happy). The groups walked to the headquarters and all picked a dorm. After everyone has settled in, Jean and Diluc walked back to the Dawn Winery. 

- Are you alright, Diluc?

Jean asked when they entered the bedroom. Diluc nodded, but he seemed like he was gripping his arm tightly. Jean sighed and then snatched his hand off of his arm. A wound. 

- You're hiding your wounds from me again.

Diluc didn't reply. Jean walked over to the med kit and wrapped up Diluc's arm. She gave him a small kiss, and then laid down. 

- Jean, are you still mad at me...?

- No. I already forgave you.

Jean said in a cold tone. She was still mad on the inside. She just didn't show it when she first came back. 

- Jean. I know when you are mad.

She felt Diluc stroking his hand through her hair. 

- I'm not mad!

Jean said, angrily. Diluc sighed and just laid down with her and turned his back on her. Jean stared at Diluc's back for some time. Jean then reached out to Diluc and buried her face in his back. Jean then fell asleep. She was exhausted from the fight. When Jean woke up, she saw a ghost in front of her face.

- AH!

Jean then heard a laugh. The ghost flew away and then floated next to a girl with two long ponytails and red hair.

- That was funny!

- What-?! How did you get in my house?!

The girl snickered and said with a cheery voice:

- Aww~ Why are you so grumpy~? Let me introduce myself first! My name is Hu Tao. I am the 77th Director of the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor! And I want to help you with the Abyss battle.

Hu Tao smiled widely, and Jean was speechless. 

- Uh- um- alright. Uh- you can stay here I suppose.

Jean stammered. Jean then sat up and led Hu Tao to the guest bedroom. Hu Tao thanked Jean joyfully and leapt onto the bed.

- Wee!

Jean felt worried for Hu Tao. She only looked like she was 20 or so. Not to mention her childish behavior. Will she even be able to fight at all? Jean went back inside the bedroom, and then thought about Hu Tao for a while. Suddenly, she felt someone holding her hand.

- Diluc, there's a girl staying at our house temporarily-

- What?

- Her name is Hu Tao, and she wants to help us with the Abyss attack.

- Why does she have to stay here?

- Diluc! Don't be so rude! And besides, the dorms in the headquarters are already full.

Jean looked out at the window. The sun was setting. The sunset was absolutely breathtaking. But now, she had to go cook something. Jean went downstairs and saw Hu Tao again. She was doing something in the kitchen. But as she got closer to the kitchen, Jean could smell a horrible scent coming from the kitchen. 

- My goodness- what is she doing?

Jean said to herself. She entered the kitchen and saw Hu Tao cooking (?). 

- Oh hello random-person-that-I-don't-know-the-name-of!

Hu Tao faced Jean. 

- My name is Jean. Please don't call me that name you just said.

Hu Tao grinned and then went back to 'cooking'. Then, Jean heard Diluc coming downstairs. 

- Holy- what is that smell?

Diluc asked as he entered the kitchen.

- Diluc, this is Hu Tao.

- Oya? Oh! Hello red-haired person!

- Hello.

Diluc said with a slightly cold tone. Jean gave Diluc an angry look and pushed him out of the kitchen. Jean went out too to try and avoid the terrible smell.

- Dinner's ready!

Hu Tao's voice rang from the kitchen.

- What now-?

Diluc asked. Hu Tao merrily brought out three plates of suspicious-looking bolognese.