Chapter 24: Second Battle

If you were wondering the picture is just sum random one that I found on the internet and it looked funny-

The smell of the bolognese reeked of burnt spaghetti.

- Yugh-

Jean said quietly. Hu Tao placed the three plates on the dining table and sat down.

- Enjoy the food!

Then the young teen started to eat. Jean looked at the bolognese. It looked rotten. How can a bolognese look rotten? Jean pushed her thoughts aside, and took a bite. It tasted chewy and gross. When Jean swallowed the spaghetti, she could still feel some of it sticking to her teeth.

- Alright, I'm done eating.

Jean looked up. It was Diluc. Seems like Diluc felt the same way about the bolognese. Jean snickered, then looked at Hu Tao, who was enjoying the bolognese. Jean looked down at the bolognese. She stared at it uncomfortably until she decided to just get up and leave the table. She had lost her appetite from this 'bolognese'. Jean excused herself and left the table. It was already 8 PM. Jean walked over to Diluc, who looked like was rinsing his mouth. 

- Diluc, what are you doing?

Jean laughed. Diluc looked at Jean, and stopped rinsing his mouth.

- Washing my mouth from the bolognese.

Jean chuckled and hugged Diluc.

- Silly.

Jean whispered. The two went inside the bedroom and laid down. After a few minutes, they slept. The next morning, the two were woken up by a horn.

- W-what?

Jean asked, sleepily. Jean and Diluc went downstairs, to see the door creaked open. Jean's eyes widened. She quickly ran downstairs and opened the door. She saw Hu Tao. With a bunch of dead hilichurls surrounding her.

- Oh hello!

Hu Tao said cheerily when she saw Jean and Diluc gaping at her. 

- What- did you do..?

Diluc asked, still shocked.

- Well, I was just trying to protect your home.

Hu Tao grinned widely. Jean didn't know Hu Tao was capable of this. She realized it was a big mistake to underestimate Hu Tao. Suddenly, another horn sounded. It was an army of abyss mages. Much harder than hilichurls. 

- Oh geez.

Jean said. 

- Hu Tao! Could you run to the Knights of Favonius' headquarters and call out everyone to get here?!

Jean tried to shout. Hu Tao nodded and then ran towards Monstadt. Jean watched as Hu Tao ran. She had a special effect when she sprinted. She would briefly disappear into the air, making Jean stare at her in awe. But she shook her thoughts away and focused on the abyss mages approaching.

- Stay behind me, Jean!

- Are you crazy?! I'm going to fight with you!

Jean let out a battle cry and lunged forward. Diluc did the same. Diluc used his pyro vision to infuse his weapon with pyro for a few seconds, and it was useful when he needed to break some shields. Jean grabbed her sword with two hands and created a circle that was filled with dandelions that dealt Anemo damage to any enemy that come close. Jean and Diluc were able to take on 1/3 of the enemies. But after that, they were both exhausted. That's when they heard:

- Attack!

It was Hu Tao with a bunch of other companions. They all charged, but Jean only had her eye on Hu Tao. Jean wanted to see what she was capable of. Hu Tao swung her polearm, and a huge butterfly appeared. She then lunged forward at enemies like a drill, and they applied some kind of blossom on them. Her weapon was also infused with pyro like Diluc, but for a longer duration. Then suddenly, Hu Tao summoned a ghost a swung it around, taking out all the enemies in her Aoe. Jean was amazed. But she had to help out instead of staring at Hu Tao. Everyone was trying their best to wipe out the enemies, but there were too many of them.