Chapter 28: Mine Forever

A few months has passed, and the Raiden Shogun and Hu Tao bought a house for themselves in Monstadt. Jean and Diluc were still together. Jean was still a workaholic, but not as much as she was before. Diluc's life was still the same, except that it had Jean included everyday. Jean was working in her office late again. Usually Diluc would come and visit her for a while. 

- Knock knock.

Jean opened the door. Diluc was standing outside, holding a dandelion.

- For you.

Diluc smiled and handed her the dandelion. Jean blushed and kissed him on the cheek. 

- Thank you, Diluc.

Diluc took Jean's hand and pulled her outside the headquarters.

- Hey! I still have work to do!

Jean pouted. Diluc didn't seem to care. He took her to a tree where the two picked crystalflies with each other. It was a special place now. Yes, it included Lumine. Why? Because Lumine had saved them. And Lumine was a very honorable friend of Diluc's and Jean's. 

- Why'd you take me here?

Jean asked, sitting down on the grass beneath the tree.

- There's something important I need to ask you.

Diluc said with a serious face. 

- A-are you mad at me?

Jean asked, worried. Diluc shook his head and smiled warmly at her.

- Of course not!

Jean sighed in relief.

- What do you want to ask me then?

Diluc took a deep breath, and then suddenly kneeled down.

- W-what are you doing?

Diluc took out a box, and opened it. Inside was a ring. A shiny diamond ring.

- Wait- a-are you serious?

Jean stammered.

- Jean Gunhildr, will you marry me?

Diluc held his breath. Jean couldn't say a word. This was the moment she had been waiting for. 

- Yes, yes, yes! A million times yes!

Jean threw her arms around Diluc, making him fall down on the grass. Jean hugged Diluc tightly, tears flowing out of her eyes. 

- I'm so glad...

Diluc whispered. He turned Jean over and kissed her passionately. They were engaged now. 

- Wait- what about my parents and yours?

Jean broke the kiss.

- Don't worry, I handled them already.

Jean grinned widely and hugged him again. The two walked back to Monstadt thinking about how to tell everyone that they were engaged now... But they were most worried about telling Lisa and Kaeya since they will both just go all 'jumpty dumpty'. Suddenly, before the walked back to the Monstadt gates, Jean spotted Klee bombing the fish. Again.

- Klee!

Jean grumbled. She stormed towards Klee and picked her up.

- Klee! What are you doing?!

Jean shouted. Klee sniffed and said:

- I wanted to get some fish for you and the weird grown up since he told me to.

Klee wiped her tiny tear away. (KLEE'S ADORABLE I WANT HER SO BAD). Jean flushed red. Not in anger but in a 'lovie dovie' way. 

- H-he w-what?

Diluc placed a hand around Jean's waist and kissed her cheek. 

- Well, I wanted to make something special for you tonight.

Jean turned to Diluc while still carrying Klee. 

- Eww-

Klee cried. Klee wiggled out of Jean's grip and ran away.

- Da da da!

Klee ran straight into Monstadt and disappeared out of Jean's sight.

- Klee-

Jean sighed. Diluc picked Jean up bridal style and carried her back in Monstadt.

- Hey! Don't do that! It's embarrassing!

Jean covered her face with her hands. As Jean and Diluc passed people, they stared at the couple. 

- Diluc, put me down!

Jean whispered. 

- No.

Diluc replied simply. He carried her all the way back to the headquarters and opened the door. 

- Hello darling!

Lisa greeted as she chuckled at the sight of Jean embarrassed. Diluc finally out Jean down, and then Jean decided she was just going to tell Lisa to get this over with.

- Lisa, Diluc and I are engaged, now goodbye!

Jean grabbed Diluc's hand and ran out of the headquarters.

- WHAT??? OH MY ARCHONS! THAT'S INCREDIBLE! COME BACK HERE!

Lisa closed the headquarters' doors to prevent Jean and Diluc fleeing.

- Oh no.

Jean muttered. Lisa ran towards the couple and picked Jean up and spun her around. 

- Darling! I'm so happy for you!

Lisa said when she placed Jean down. Jean was so dizzy.

- Woah-

Jean fell into Diluc's arms. Diluc steadied her as Lisa squealed.

- I have to tell Amber, Kaeya, Hu Tao, and that purple hair girl!

Jean sighed and then turned to Diluc. 

- Well now our 'secret' is exposed.

Jean said. Diluc snickered and kissed Jean. 

THE END

Hi guys! Sorry for this short chapter- anyways, this is the end of this book! I hope you guys enjoyed it a lot! I thank you all for the support, I never knew my story could go so popular :D But please do leave some feedback and maybe requests of what you want me to do next! I could make a part 2 of this story if you guys want me to-