Book 2 - Chapter 10: Light Bulb

- Fine. What do we do?

Diluc asked. Mona then replied harshly:

- Do you not know the basics of curse breaking?! Geez, who knew someone could be so stupid. Of course we need to find out who cursed her and make them reverse it of course! That should be obvious enough!

- Could you please stop scolding me for a second?!

- Do you want my help or not?!

- Seems like you already told me how and now I can do it myself!

- This bi- Seriously? You think you can just interrogate everyone in Teyvat?

- I thought everyone was dead!

- DO YOU HAVE A BRAIN OF A GOLDFISH?!

Mona hissed at Diluc. Then they heard a 'thump'. Diluc peeked out and saw Jean lying on the floor unconscious.

- Holy s-

But before he could do anything Jean disappeared in a wave of bubbles.

- Jean?!

- Don't worry. Your wife is far from your stupidity now. I teleported her in bed with earmuffs on. She should be fine.

Mona said, examining her nails.

- Now let's get down to business. If you want me to help you, of course there is a price. Does 300k Mora sound good?

- Whatever just break the curse!

- Then we have a deal.

Mona then gestured for Diluc to follow her, and the two walked to a house with a Hydro lock on it. Mona carefully used her vision to start to twist the lock, and the door creaked open. Inside was a very unorganized mess. There was astrology stuff scattered on the floor, and Diluc spotted shards of broken glass too. And the only light source of this poorly organized house was a dim lamp.

- You live here?

Diluc asked. Mona nodded her head. She was searching through a box under a pile of papers that looked like unpaid receipts.

- Aha! Found it! Since you offered to interrogate every person in Teyvat-

- I never did.

- Whatever, this will help you out a lot. Anyone that is in it's range will not be able to tell a single lie! How amazing is that?! I knew buying this over new clothes was the right choice!

Mona then handed Diluc a light bulb.

- This, is the 'thing'?

Diluc scoffed. Mona rolled her eyes then snatched back the light bulb. She installed the light bulb onto her lamp, and then she asked:

- Do you have a brother?

- Yes-I-do-his-name-is-Kaeya-and-

Diluc covered his mouth.

- What in the world just happened?!

- You had to tell the truth because you were in it's range, idiot.

Mona uninstalled the magical light bulb and handed over to Diluc.

- Install this in your house and no one that comes in will be able to lie.

- Huh, thanks.

- Aw, that's nice of you to say.

Mona said, teasingly. Diluc then exited the house.

The first thing he did when he got home was to check on Jean. She was lying peacefully in the bedroom with earmuffs on.

- Thank the archons...

Diluc sighed in relief. He slowly carressed the girl's cheek. And then suddenly Jean started to stir.

- Mmf- Diluc..?

Jean mumbled as her eyes struggled to open.

- Yes, it's me.

Jean mumbled something that he couldn't make out, then drifted back into her deep sleep.