Chapter 25: Outnumbered

Jean swung her sword violently to try and kill a hydro abyss mage before it respawns it's shield. She looked over to Diluc, who was incinerating enemies with his mighty claymore. Jean blushed and smiled at Diluc. Then, she saw the Raiden Shogun magically pulling a sword out of her chest, and taking out enemies in one go. 

- Oh my-

Jean mumbled to herself. After they finally wiped out the enemies, another wave came. This time, Aether and Lumine were standing in front of them with like thousands and thousands of mobs standing behind them. 

- Time for the final battle, fools.

Just when Aether was about to shout: 'Attack!', another person said it before Aether.

- Sara?

The Raiden Shogun asked. The woman called 'Sara' smiled and an army charged towards Aether's army.

- What is this-?!

Sara walked over to Raiden and bowed.

- Your highness. I have led an army to protect you, your highness.

- Rise.

Sara looked at Jean, who was standing next to Raiden.

- Who might this be...?

- This is Jean Gunhildr. Acting Grand Master of the Knights of Favonius.

Jean stared at Raiden.

- How do you know that?

Jean asked. Raiden didn't reply.

- Is she...mean anything to you...?

Sara asked. Jean could see Sara's face flush red. Raiden chuckled and answered:

- No.

Jean somehow felt hurt by that. 

- Miss Kojou Sara! We are outnumbered!

Sara turned to one of the soldiers. They were outnumbered. Jean was getting worried. 

- Come on! Let's help out!

Hu Tao shouted. She ran towards the chaos, and started attacking. Jean sighed, then also charged towards the enemies. Jean tried her best to help out. She slashed at the dendro samachurl next to her, making it fall and die. But of course, there was more she needed to take care of. Suddenly, Diluc appeared next to Jean, and attacked the monster behind her.

- Are you alright?

Diluc asked, worried.

- I'm fine!

Jean said, smiling. Diluc smiled back, and grabbed her hand.

- Let's do this.

The two stood back-to-back, and Diluc grabbed Jean leg and swung her around. Jean took out her sword and eliminated every enemy that is in the 'cutting circle'. When Jean was getting tired, Diluc put her down and gave her a peck on the lips. After 3 hours of incredibly tiring fighting, someone screamed.

- Sara!

It was the Shogun.

- Wow, who knew the Shogun could even feel-?

Diluc asked. The Shogun was crying, and Ningguang created a 'Crystallized' shield for Sara and the Raiden Shogun to pick up.

- Sara...why in the world would you do that?!

Raiden Shogun x Kojou Sara coming up! Skip this part if you don't ship Kojou Sara and Raiden Shogun.

- Your- ugh- your highness...I am not- *cough* brave enough to tell you this- b-but I...love you, your- *cough, cough* highness...

Sara closed her eyes. She was...gone. Sara was an honorable soldier. She was killed by an icicle summoned by a cryo abyss mage while trying to protect Raiden.

- Sara...I love you too...

The Raiden Shogun buried her face in Sara's chest, and sobbed. Jean could see how miserable the Shogun was feeling. She then saw the Raiden's hands clench into a fist, and her head rose. 

- You...will pay for this!

The Raiden Shogun floated in the air, and her hands creating a weird orb on her chest. She pulled a sword out of it, and slashed it towards the abyss mage that killed Sara. Then suddenly, endless darkness spread across the battlefield. Then weird looking gates started to appear, and a rusty field formed. 

- So...you want to fight here.

Aether called out behind Raiden. The Shogun turned around and tried to kill Aether.

- Woah, easy now.

Aether laughed mischievously and then floated back to his army. 

- Let the main fight begin.