Chapter 13: Ball

Jean and Diluc woke the next morning to find they were both laying on the floor. Jean touched her head, and found out it was a little swollen. Diluc looked like he experienced the same thing as Jean did.

- What happened...?

Jean asked, sitting up. Diluc did the same, and he shrugged. Jean then saw the carriage driver sleeping behind Diluc. He was snoring very loudly. She snickered, and Diluc looked behind him to see what Jean was laughing about. When he saw Jean laughing at the driver, he scooped Jean up again like he did yesterday, and brought her out of the tent.

- No looking at other men. You're mine.

Diluc stared at Jean. She chuckled and asked:

- So I can't look at my dad or anything?

- You know what I mean, Jean.

Diluc smiled at her and leaned down to give her a delicate kiss. Then, they heard the driver walk out of the tent sleepily. 

- When are we taking off?

Jean asked the driver. Diluc snarled when Jean talked to the driver.

- Well, uh maybe about 1 more hour...

The driver said in a deep voice. Diluc gave the driver a hatred glance, and dived down to kiss Jean, trying to tell the driver that Jean was his. And his only. 

- Diluc- Why are you kissing me so much?

Jean asked, slightly laughing. Diluc put Jean down and grabbed her waist, pulling her closer to him.

- I'm letting you know that you will be mine forever.

Jean gave Diluc a peck on the cheek, and then walked inside the tent to get ready for their trip. When Jean finished getting ready, she walked outside the tent to see Diluc arguing with the driver.

- I told you to get us to Sumeru!

- And I will! In an hour!

- It is already an hour and now you say another hour?!

Jean got mad. She was sick of the driver and Diluc arguing all the time.

- STOP!

Jean shrieked. The two men stopped arguing. But it was clear that they were still arguing in their minds somehow. 

- Driver, you will take me and my boyfriend to Sumeru in 10 more minutes. NO NEGOTIATION.

Jean said to the driver. She then looked at Diluc.

- Diluc, you have to control your anger! And go and get ready!

The two men obeyed Jean, but they were still huffing at each other. The driver got the carriage ready, while Diluc entered the tent and did what he needed to do. Jean sat down on a log that was placed next to the blown out fireplace. When Diluc came out of the tent, Jean blushed hard. He was wearing a tuxedo for some reason. He looked hot. Diluc seemed to notice Jean's expression, and he smirked. He walked over to her and kissed her hand. 

- D-Diluc! Why are you wearing that?

Jean asked, embarrassed. He pulled Jean up, and said:

- I heard there was a ball in Sumeru. And I wanted to attend it with you.

Jean couldn't say a word after that. So she just hugged Diluc and hid her face in his chest.

- Oi! You going or not?

Jean heard the driver call. Jean and Diluc got on, and the driver started the carriage. Jean snuggled into Diluc the whole trip. 

- Jean. Jean. Wake up.

Jean slowly opened her eyes, she had fallen asleep. When her eyes were wide open, she stared at where she was in awe. Diluc noticed her awe, and chuckled. 

- T-This is Sumeru?

Jean asked, getting out of the carriage. It was beautiful. Mountain as high as they could be, trees green and full of leaves. And then, she could see a a road leading up a mountain.

- Walk up there and you will arrive at Sumeru Town.

The driver said. Jean felt someone kiss her neck from behind.

- Should we go now, love?

Jean glanced back, and saw Diluc. She smiled warmly and took Diluc's hand. The two started walking up the mountain, with their fingers intertwined.