Chapter 15: Gone

Jean slowly opened her eyes to see ruins in front of her. Ruins of the palace. Jean looked over to Diluc and quickly checked on him.

- Diluc! Are you alright?!

Then, she realized that she wasn't injured in anyway... 

- Huh?

Jean checked her body for any scars at all. None.

- Ah, finally you're awake.

A pink-haired child stepped in front of Jean.

- Wait... you are Diona right?

Diona grinned and nodded. 

- What- how-? How did Diluc and I survive the crash?

Jean asked, confused. Diona then replied that she protected them with a shield. 

- Oh my- Thank you, Diona!

- I only did that for you, not that Diluc scum.

Jean started to get mad.

- Don't call him a scum! What did he do to you?!

Just when Diona was about to talk, the two heard an ambulance. Jean saw two people rushing to her and Diluc. 

- Miss! Are you alright?

One person said. The other just picked Diluc up and laid him down on a bed. 

- Wait no! Don't take him away!

Jean cried when they started to push Diluc into the ambulance. 

- Miss! Please answer me! Do you need to go to the hospital? Are you injured anywhere?

- No but please don't take Diluc away!

The doctors ignored her pleads. They then drove away with Diluc.

- Miss! Let me confirm. You are fine, right?

The person kept questioning her. Jean burst into tears. Sumeru was destroyed, and now Diluc was gone. It was all her fault. Jean couldn't stop sobbing. The doctor led Jean back to the villa, and took off. Jean fell to her knees right when she stepped into the villa. Jean started to cry uncontrollably again. She couldn't sleep that night. The next day, Jean wanted to visit Diluc in the hospital. Jean quickly ran to the hospital and asked the nearest doctor:

- Excuse me! What room is Diluc Ragnvindr in?!

The doctor replied it was the room 2067. Jean quickly ran around the hospital to try and find it. Finally, after 15 minutes of searching, she found Diluc's room. She slammed the door open to see Diluc talking to the his doctor about something. Jean ran towards him and gripped him tight.

- Diluc!

Jean sobbed. Diluc hugged her back but then she felt an arm reach out for her shoulder.

- Miss, who are you?

Jean didn't turn around to face the doctor.

- I'm his girlfriend... Please... Let me stay...

She could hear Diluc's raspy breathing close to her ear. Jean sobbed even more.

- Jean...

Diluc said. 

- I'm okay. Turns out I didn't have any injuries. Miracle, huh?

Jean gripped Diluc tighter. Diluc kissed her cheek, and told her that he would be released tomorrow. 

- I will be there to greet you then.

Jean laughed through tears. The two hugged each other until Jean fell asleep on Diluc's shoulder. She didn't get any sleep at all. Diluc asked the doctor if she could stay over for the night. The doctor sighed, but let her sleep in the hospital. Jean slept for the whole day, with Diluc wrapping his arms around her. 

Jean woke up when some bright light shined into her eyes. It was the lights in the villa. Jean quickly sat up. 'Diluc... I'm not in the hospital with him!' Jean thought. Suddenly, she felt someone pull her back down on the bed.

- Lay down with me...

- Diluc?!

Jean turned around. She had slept for one whole day. And then, something popped up into her mind.

- I... I... destroyed Sumeru...

Jean covered herself in the covers, and cried once more. 

- Jean... You didn't destroy Sumeru.

Diluc tried to comfort her. But Jean kept saying that she was the fault for all of this. 

- Jean. It will be your fault if we won't continue our journey to warn other countries about what is happening. 

Jean stopped crying. 

- You're... right...

- Get up, Jean.

Diluc grabbed Jean's arm and pulled her up. Jean's face was incredibly close to Diluc's. 

- Let's go. Sumeru is gone now. And we can't do anything about it.

Jean sniffed lightly. Diluc kissed Jean deeply. 

- We have to get to Inazuma.

Jean said, fiercely. Diluc smiled.

- Now that's my Jean.