Book 2 - Chapter 2: Hu Tao's Party

- Hey! What are you doing-?

Jean cried as Hu Tao clutched her hands around Jean's neck and swung around. Diluc folded his arms and stood next to Jean as she struggled to get Hu Tao off her. 

- Okay Hu Tao! Seriously! Get off!

Jean pried Hu Tao off of her. 

- Why'd you do that?

Hu Tao pouted. She then shook her head and then started smiling again.

- So...Will you come to my birthday party this week?

- Your birthday is this week?

- Mhm!

Hu Tao grinned. 

- Of course I will. When?

Jean asked. Hu Tao handed her a birthday card. Today at 7PM. 

- Alright, thanks!

Jean smiled warmly. Hu Tao thanked Jean and skipped outside.

- So, 7PM?

Diluc asked. Jean nodded. She checked the time, and realized it was lunchtime.

- Diluc, can we- Alright, nevermind.

Diluc was already in the kitchen. She went upstairs and grabbed the book she was currently reading. She then went downstairs again and crashed on the couch. She opened her book, and before Jean knew it, Diluc was already finished.

- Jean! Lunch is ready.

She glanced up. The food looked absolutely mouth-watering. She grinned and placed down her book. She sat on a chair and started eating the food.

- You seem to enjoy the food.

Diluc said. Jean ignored him since the food was more on her mind right now. After she was finished, she finally started talking to Diluc.

- Did you make this?

- Of course I did! Did you not see me in the kitchen?

- Hard to believe since I didn't hear any breaking sounds.

Diluc laughed and Jean managed a smile. Time flew as the two spent time together. It was 7PM in no time. 

- Well, time to get dressed!

Jean said. She went upstairs and picked out a blue dress. 

It was beautiful and Jean felt like a princess wearing it

It was beautiful and Jean felt like a princess wearing it. Even Diluc looked astonished. 

- I wonder why you didn't wear this earlier.

Jean rolled her eyes and kissed Diluc on the cheek.

- Come, let's go!