Book 2 - Chapter 12: Clingy

- Jean!

Diluc caught Jean from falling down when she fainted.

- Oh my archons...

Sara mumbled.

- I'm sorry, but I have to ask you to leave.

Diluc told the two ladies. They exited without any further comment.

- Jean! Can you hear me?!

Diluc panicked, trying not to yell.

- You! Get a doctor now!

Diluc pointed at a maid, and she ran off to call a doctor. Diluc brought Jean up to the bedroom and gripped her tight.

- Why is this happening...?

Diluc mumbled. A doctor then rushed into the room. He examined her pulse, her breathing, her heartbeat,... but everything seemed fine. Except for one thing.

- Sir, I believe this is not my business but... was she punched in the stomach recently?

- No, why?

- Well, it says here that she has a bruise in her stomach.

- I see... Will it affect her severely?

- She would probably be very weak for the next couple of weeks, and she will not be able to eat much. At least I recommend her not to. Here is some medication. I should be taking my leave now.

The doctor handed Diluc some medication and some instructions. Diluc read through them, and then felt someone pull him down on the bed. Jean snuggled into Diluc's chest, and made herself comfortable. 'That's still a lot of strength to be very weak-'  Diluc thought to himself as he smiled and placed a kiss on Jean's forehead.

- I feel dizzy...

Jean then said. He then asked her to sit up and then handed her some medication. 

- This should make you feel a bit better.

Jean gulped down the pills. 

- Yeah, that does feel better.

Jean drank some water and then laid down again.

- Snuggle with me.

Jean opened her arms as if wanting a hug. She was weirdly clingy now. Diluc snuggled with her and she fell asleep almost instantly. She was so cute. Diluc stared at the ceiling, as Jean clung tight onto him. After a while, he gently pried off the girl's hands and exited the bedroom. 'I guess I will have to wait until she heals then.' Diluc thought to himself. Suddenly, he heard a loud whining sound. 

- Diluc! Where did you go?!

The voice of Jean shrieked from the bedroom. He rushed inside, thinking she fell off the bed or hurt herself. But she was fine. 

- I'm here. What's wrong?

He placed a hand on her cheek.

- Why did you leave~?

Jean whined. 

- I thought you were sleeping...

- Well, I can't sleep without you! Stay with me!

Jean spread out her arms again. Now this was next level clingy. He got into bed with her and Jean locked her arms very tight around Diluc's waist.

- Jean, why are you being so clingy?

He asked. No reply. Then he smelled a weird watery scent coming from Jean. Yes, water doesn't have smell, but let's just ignore that. 'Why does she have that smell?'  He thought. He spotted the medication on the table, and saw that there were bubbles floating out of it. This wasn't medication, it was something else. Ignoring Jean's whines when he got out of bed, he examined the medication, and saw a note stuck to it that he didn't notice. 

Seems like your plan here is not working very well. So, I decided to take matters into my own hands. Because now that you gave your wife this 'medication', you will have to stay by her side full time, and not interfere with my plans to figure this out. Don't worry, the potion is temporary.

Mona

'What kind of sorcery did she put in this stuff?' Diluc thought. Besides, why did she need to give Jean the medication? It's not like Diluc was going to stop her plans. Unless it was something bad. But he didn't get anytime to think before Jean started rolling off the bed.

- Jean! What are you doing?!

- Well that got your attention.

The girl smiled. 

- Don't do that. Stop- stop smiling. That's not good.

Diluc said, in a serious tone. Jean's smile faded and turned into a frown. 

- Fine.

She rolled back into the middle of the bed. How long would Jean be like this? He won't be able to stand it no matter how much he loves and cares for her. Diluc sighed and turned to leave, until he heard glass shattering behind him.