Chapter 27: Unexpected Help

- What are you saying?! Of course I do!

Diluc yelled. This seemed to make Jean sob even harder.

- I-I'm sorry- did I say something wrong?

- N-no...it's just that Aether told me something important...

- Aether? Why would you listen to that bastard?

Jean sniffed, and started explaining.

- No Jean, no! I am not using you! I would never! I would rather get torn from limb to limb rather than fake my love for you.

Jean looked deep into Diluc's fiery red eyes.

- R-really?

She stammered. Diluc grabbed her hands and kissed her.

- Of course.

- Hey! What do you think you're doing all of a sudden?!

Lady Ningguang called out as she tried to defend herself from Aether. Jean then ran towards Ningguang to help her out. As she was running, she looked back at Diluc, who was also running towards Aether. 

- Jean! Did you consider my offer?

Aether asked, with a smile forming on his face. 

- Offer?

Ningguang asked. 

- No. Absolutely not.

Aether's smile quickly turned into a frown.

- Very well then. I have had enough of all of you. Time to die.

Aether's eyes suddenly flashed red, and then he continuously attacked Jean, Diluc, Ningguang, and Hu Tao. 

- Stand back!

Diluc pushed Jean behind him, and Diluc slashed his mighty claymore at Aether. Aether got hit by a swift slash, and that made him angry. Aether's face was bleeding, and then he took out his sword, and stabbed Hu Tao in the thighthigh.

- Eee!

Hu Tao cried. Aether looked over to Ningguang. Ningguang quickly summoned a jade screen to try and protect herself, but it didn't work. Aether tore down the jade screen, and injured Ningguang. Finally, he turned to Jean and Diluc. He raised his sword high, getting ready to strike, when suddenly a wind current appeared below him, making him miss.

- AGH!

Aether growled in rage. Venti and the Raiden Shogun ran to Jean and Diluc's side.

- Can any of you heal?

The Raiden Shogun asked. 

- I can, but I don't have enough energy.

Jean replied. Jean then quickly sprinted towards Hu Tao and helped her stand up. Venti also sprinted next to Jean and then carried Hu Tao back to the group. Jean rushed to help Ningguang, but before she could, Aether shot Electro balls at Ningguang.

- NO!

Jean shrieked. Ningguang fainted, and it was the end of the Liyue Qixing. Jean tried to save Ningguang, but she failed. Like she had failed Keqing. 

- Jean! Watch out!

Diluc pulled her away from an incoming Starshatter falling from the sky. 

- N-Ningguang's...dead...And it's all my fault...

Diluc looked at Jean in disbelief. 

- What? How is it your faul-

The five people fell backwards. They saw Aether standing in front of them, snarling as he moved closer. Just when he was going to kill the group in one blow, someone backstabbed him. 

- U-ungh...Who...L-Lumine?

Aether fell to his knees. Lumine was standing behind him, holding a blood-covered sword.

- L-Lumine...How could you-?

Aether asked weakly.

- I couldn't let you kill my friends. I'm sorry, brother.

Lumine replied. Aether gasped, and then passed away. The group stared at Lumine in disbelief.

- Why would you help us?

The Raiden Shogun asked. 

- You are my friends. Friends that have taken me in when I was in need. My brother on the other hand... Well... he left me...

Lumine looked at group. She summoned a portal, and then waved.

- Goodbye. 

- Wait! Don't g-

Before Jean could finish her sentence, Lumine was gone. The battlefield around them disappeared, and they were back in Monstadt.